Menu

Has anyone watched Fat Head?

Someone mentioned it on another thread and now dd and I are watching it. I've found the stuff on cholesterol very interesting.

I've also enjoyed the explanation on how our bodies process carbohydrates and why a low-fat, low-calorie diet might not make you lose weight.

True or are these guys quacks?

I have not watched Fathead. However, a grain-free, dairy-free, lower-by-default but not consciously low-carb diet that is higher in fat and protein seems to work very well for me, and in more ways than just weight control.

It's funny that you mention more ways than just weight control. Do you mean emotionally, too? The guy who did the film said he was a lot happier when he wasn't eating a lot of carbs.

The explanations about how insulin is used were accurate, based on all my reading elsewhere. I liked the graphics showing insulin as the baseball bat hitting glucose into cells.

That was a great graphic. It sure made the idea easier to understand. I've pulled Nourishing Traditions off the shelf and am leafing through it now as some of the stuff in Fat Head reminded me of what I had read a long time ago in NT.

So, on Fat Head they say animal fat and coconut oil are both good. He also says vegetable oil is bad. So, is olive oil bad or good?

That was a great graphic. It sure made the idea easier to understand. I've pulled Nourishing Traditions off the shelf and am leafing through it now as some of the stuff in Fat Head reminded me of what I had read a long time ago in NT.

So, on Fat Head they say animal fat and coconut oil are both good. He also says vegetable oil is bad. So, is olive oil bad or good?

I vote 'good' because you can make it without a factory. You can squeeze an olive and get olive oil. You can't squeeze a vegetable and get vegetable oil. I mean . . .WHICH vegetable would you even use.

I know that's completely unscientific, and possibly wrong, but I use the same explanation to insist that apple cider is better than apple juice :D

I vote 'good' because you can make it without a factory. You can squeeze an olive and get olive oil. You can't squeeze a vegetable and get vegetable oil. I mean . . .WHICH vegetable would you even use.

I know that's completely unscientific, and possibly wrong, but I use the same explanation to insist that apple cider is better than apple juice :D

Your explanation works for me! hehe :D I love olive oil. :drool:

Someone mentioned it on another thread and now dd and I are watching it. I've found the stuff on cholesterol very interesting.

I've also enjoyed the explanation on how our bodies process carbohydrates and why a low-fat, low-calorie diet might not make you lose weight.

True or are these guys quacks?

We love fat head! From what we can tell and the research we have done it seems right on. All of their data appears correct, timeframes (I took notes :lol:)

I wondered that same thing about Olive Oil.

:bigear:

Praying and begging God, "Please let it be good, please let it be good, please let it be good."

:iagree: :iagree:

Liked and agreed with it. I feel sad when I hear all these people say- well- I do a low fat diet and cannot lose weight. It might just be because of that low fat diet (* disclaimer of course there can be a myriad of reasons why people have losing but I hear this often).