Menu

Creative writing along with WWE3

lorrainejmc

My 10 yr old dd is currently using WWE3; this our first year with WWE. I don't want to switch because she is gaining a lot from it, but she would like the opportunity to do more creative writing; stories, poems, even descriptive sentences or paragraphs. She writes a lot in her free time but she would like a curriculum to help guide her. Our long term plan is to do WWS and The Creative Writer once she has finished with WWE so what could she use in the meantime to develop her creative writing side?

My dd would hate this, but I love the idea of it and it sounds like your dd might like it too: http://www.amazon.com/King-Arthurs-Academy-Descriptive-Narrative/dp/1593632215/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1328741374&sr=1-1

Also, Prufrock press has lots of other interesting books with creative writing ideas. I've also toyed around with the idea of using the NaNoWriMo materrials, but like I said my dd is just not ready for those.

http://ywp.nanowrimo.org/workbooks

My son has started using Creative Writer and loving it. I am fairly certain that we will be going through the book again when we are done because I think he will be able to learn more the second time through.

I also really think my son would enjoy materials from Nano Write. If you have used this when did you do the work book and about how long did it take?