Menu

I can't eat milk chocolate anymore...

...it's terrible! But I believe I finally found the reason to why I may be breaking out. It's all acne-related, so no allergic reactions thank God, I cannot consume milk chocolate as much anymore though. Two weeks ago, I have had a small chocolate craving, and I ate some milk chocolate to kill the craving. The next day I had a minor breakout, but didn't really think anything of it, (I am taking acne pills now but the pills are still so new that it hasn't had a chance to fight off the bacteria like it should.) Last week I had a dermatologist appointment and my derm. explained that milk chocolate is one of the underlying causes of why I may be breaking out (one of many, most of it is due to hormones). So he advised I stay away from milk chocolate, but that if I consume dark chocolate I should not have any trouble in the future.

Here is my dilema though, where do I find good quality dark chocolate!!?? I am not a big fan of dark chocolate, but my friend told me it can be quite delicious if you consume the good quality kind. Where can I find good quality dark chocolate?

TIA!:001_smile::bigear:

I am a milk chocolate lover, switching over to dark chocolate.

I find that I do better with the dark chocolate when it is flavored. I buy a dark chocolate bar that has a light flavoring or tiny bits of things and break off a square at a time. One bar will last me a week....unless it's a bad week.:D. I like:

--orange

--almonds (these are tiny bits of almond, not like an almond joy)

--mint

I've been trying a different bar every week. Whatever I can get at Wal-Mart, Whole Foods, or the grocery store from the section with the specialty candy bars. The one I got this week is 72% cocoa, which is about as strong as I can stand it. My preference would be around 60%, but I don't buy that low.

I want to try one of the chili pepper flavored ones. I might have to get 2 bars that week, in case it's a total bust.

I am a milk chocolate lover, switching over to dark chocolate.

I find that I do better with the dark chocolate when it is flavored. I buy a dark chocolate bar that has a light flavoring or tiny bits of things and break off a square at a time. One bar will last me a week....unless it's a bad week.:D. I like:

--orange

--almonds (these are tiny bits of almond, not like an almond joy)

--mint

I've been trying a different bar every week. Whatever I can get at Wal-Mart, Whole Foods, or the grocery store from the section with the specialty candy bars. The one I got this week is 72% cocoa, which is about as strong as I can stand it. My preference would be around 60%, but I don't buy that low.

I want to try one of the chili pepper flavored ones. I might have to get 2 bars that week, in case it's a total bust.

Yum, that sounds delicious! I love almonds and nuts and things like you mentioned, so I will be looking more into them the next time I got to a store. Thank you so much!

You need to change your screen name then. ;) I'd seriously be in mourning without milk chocolate!

Lol, I have learned to come to terms with this terrible dilema of mine. My dermatologist said I can eat it, but never too much, and I still break out. But I am thankful for a good alternative!:)