TV brands - best?

Which is the better TV brand?  

1. 1. Which is the better TV brand?

• Vizio
    • LG
    • Samsung
    • Other

I have a Philips that works just fine.

That's what we have now. I can't find one larger than 40", though, and we want at least a 42".

Love my LG. My investigations showed high quality with a better price. I had a good experience with their customer service.

That's what my research turned up as well. The only other brand less expensive with decent reviews is Vizio.

My husband swears by Panasonic.

I have not seen a single Panasonic in my search. Do they still make TVs?

I should also add that I have two Samsungs--one small LCD and one larger plasma. The small one had a buzzing noise when it was off that drove us crazy. (It was in our bedroom.) It had a beautiful picture, though. The larger one works fine--but I probably prefer the LG over it.

We have one tv per person (what can I say, I hate "what are we going to watch" debates more than I hate tvs). They are all SOnys or Vizios and we haven't had any problems with any of them. If you are going for longevity though I have a 20 year old Magavox that still works just fine. It only ha a single in/out cable line so I can't hook it up to anything but cable or run it through the eqully old vcr player but hey, it still works.

We have one tv per person (what can I say, I hate "what are we going to watch" debates more than I hate tvs). They are all SOnys or Vizios and we haven't had any problems with any of them. If you are going for longevity though I have a 20 year old Magavox that still works just fine. It only ha a single in/out cable line so I can't hook it up to anything but cable or run it through the eqully old vcr player but hey, it still works.

ha! We have a Magnavox that is at least 30 yo. It does hook to cable. No vcr ability... I really wish things were still made that well!:lol:

We owned a toshiba LCD and a samsung plasma that we sold because we decided we had too many TVs. We sold the plasma because it was much heavier than the others, and I didn't want to worry about the tv falling over on one of the kids anymore. Those had really good picture quality, and we never had any problems with them. We also have a toshiba LCD in our room that never gets used, as well as a Samsung LED that we all fight over in the family room. The Samsung LED has the best picture of any tv we have ever owned.

We have a Sony and love it. We bought at Costco when we could get a great deal 2 years ago I think it was. The prior TV (not flat panel) was also a Sony and we had that one for almost 10 years I think. Since it is our only TV we probably spent more than we would if we had several tvs in the house. If we ever buy the kids their own tv for the playroom it will probably be Vizio as they get decent reviews for their price.

ha! We have a Magnavox that is at least 30 yo. It does hook to cable. No vcr ability... I really wish things were still made that well!:lol:

Mine is still going strong and it gets used less frequently now so I can see it lasting that long. Our newer tvs are just that, aquired within the last three years so who knows how long they will last. I have a freezer that is at least 25 years old but I have replaced my washer and dryer at least three times in the last 20 years. Microwaves have been less than reliable as well. My 1993 Ford Taurus is still on the road but my 2000 Chevy Astro that I bought brand new died just months after we paid it off. :glare: