Menu

Starfall kindergarten curriculum

HappyLady

I finally broke down and purchased more.starfall after a few years of using the regular free version. I really wanted to utilize their numbers and math section. It's small and not as large as their phonics stuff but SO worth the $35 bucks a year. I have three children ages 5,3, and 18 months and they ALL get use out of it. We have a touch screen laptop so even my youngest can click and go.

I finally broke down and purchased more.starfall after a few years of using the regular free version. I really wanted to utilize their numbers and math section. It's small and not as large as their phonics stuff but SO worth the $35 bucks a year. I have three children ages 5,3, and 18 months and they ALL get use out of it. We have a touch screen laptop so even my youngest can click and go.

I believe they have an actual curriculum you can purchase too, though. We love the more.starfall but the K curriculum is separate and is "under $350."

http://www.starfall.com/n/N-info/curriculum.htm?n=more

I believe they have an actual curriculum you can purchase too, though. We love the more.starfall but the K curriculum is separate and is "under $350."

http://www.starfall.com/n/N-info/curriculum.htm?n=more

Yeah, that's what I was looking at, but it's good to know I can pay for their website as well. It's certainly a lot cheaper! :)

Hopefully someone has purchased the curriculum and can share their opinions on it. I wasn't looking for a curriculum for K, but this one actually looks fun.

If you pay the $35 you have access to the "Teacher's Lounge." Lesson plans (including bibliographies) and worksheets are there. If you want the books published by Starfall, you can purchase them without buying the full package. The science books are actually very nice. The rest of the books can be borrowed from a public library.

If you are willing to read from a screen, use library books, and print your own worksheets, it could be a very economical choice.