Menu

Horrible Histories on Youtube - a list in order??

I am new to this - just discovered a bunch of youtube Horrible Histories segments - awesome! Anyway, I wonder if there is anywhere, any way that I can find a list (chronological would be fabulous, of course) of these. And maybe the youtube videos of the songs that go with the episodes???

I am probably asking for the moon, but thought I'd see if anyone has any ideas! I can't really tell what is all even there, since different people have downloaded them and names aren't standard, etc. Or if anyone can recommend a youtube user that has uploaded these, that'd be great.

I often google a show name and episodes to get such a list. Wikipedia, IMDB and a couple other sites often have such a list.

Now I must go to youtube and watch these. I wondered how I would find them! Thanks!!

Yes, but I think it's just random people posting these, with whatever name they want to rather than the official one. Right??? What does it look like to you (once you find them!).

I just looked on youtube and it's the live-action series. I then googled and found this page which lists all of the episodes: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horrible_Histories_%282009_TV_series%29

That is exactly the sort of list I was talking about. The YouTube videos seem to be broken down into the sketches listed in each episode. You would probably have to put them in historical order yourself as the series seemed to cover a bit of every thing in each episode.

Thank you all! I did find the BBC ones, and then of course from there you can find tons. But I don't think they seem to be organized in any fashion. I've got a notion to create playlists based on time period and/or country and will share if I get around to it!

They aren't organized in any particular fashion, although there may be a common thread with 2 or 3 sketches in a show (like the Tudors song and the song about Henry VIII's wives). If you want to watch the shows on YouTube, I recommend putting "Horrible Histories series 1 episode 1" in your search bar. Some users have uploaded the shows, but they're broken into 3 different segments, so you'd start with series 1, episode 1, part 1. I recommend the DVDs. I bought them and play them on my computer in the US without a problem. The videos are MUCH clearer, and you can select by scene, so if we want to watch all of them "Rotten Romans" sketches on a disc without anything else, we can. I actually put in order some of the episodes/sketches that were pertinent to US history for our history studies this year. I can't wait for series 3 to come out on DVD.

Amazon has them on disc in NON-US FORMAT if you happen to live somewhere else. [/url]

They are absolutely worth the £4.85 from Amazon.co.uk. (We have very expensive internet, though, so that comes into play in my decision to buy).

The sketches in each episode of the series sets are of different time periods.

I don't have them, but the disks that are by time period are apparently animated only and not as good as the live performances.

What ages are these appropriate for?

I'd say middle school would appreciate them most. I think younger kids might like some of them, but the accent might be a bit hard for some younger Americans, and I also think the humor might be lost on them sometimes. I plan on having all my kids watch them, though. I showed my 12yo "Lions vs. Christians" and he didn't really get why it was so hilarious, while my husband and I were just cracking up!