Menu

Skylanders figures--where online except eBay??

I don't know about online sources, but I do know that our local Toys R Us has gotten them in on each delivery truck for the past three weeks, so if you call them, they can tell you when their next truck will be coming.

Two of the Walmarts in our area had them this week, too, but we already had all of the figures they had on display, so we ended up not getting any. I was in one of the Walmarts again the next day and they had already sold out of the figures.

Anyway, I think the stores are starting to restock the figures, and it would probably be worth calling around to try to buy them locally rather than paying a premium price on eBay. The figures are in huge demand right now, but as soon as all of the stores are able to get them back in stock, the eBay sellers will stop hoarding them and we will be able to get them at normal prices again.

Oh, and don't forget Gamestop -- a lot of people don't think of going there for Skylanders.

Even though many claim they are back in stock at stores we have yet to see any at our local stores. I was able to find a few on ebay where people weren't gouging us. We now have all of them that have actually been released. It's my understanding that Camo, Sunburn and a few others have not been released yet, even though they are on the poster that comes with the game.

Unless they list the Skylander you are buying online, it's a toss up of what you'll get (Best Buy comes to mind). They all have the same UPC apparently. They are extremely hard to find out on my side of this state and in Omaha. Gamestop has told us that they get them in and sell them out within a few hours. :glare: Toys R Us actually had a bunch but we already have all that they had. We went there looking for the legendary Skylanders 3 pack and obviously went home empty handed.

Let's see, Camo, Zook, Wham Shell, Warnado, Sunburn and Lightning Rod haven't been released yet (according to my googling). Sunburn will be part of the Dragon's Peak adventure pack. Best Buy told us that they will be receiving some of these towards the middle/end of this month.

If you really want to go crazy collecting, they have special silver Skylanders and gold Skylanders that are really rare. The silver Skylanders are Dino Rang, Eruptor and Boomer. The gold Skylanders are Drill Sergeant, Flameslinger and Chop Chop. I've seen rumors online that they are going to release 3 Skylanders in a clear version. I'm not even sure if that's true.

This collecting thing is addicting and the kids really love the battle mode so I'm keeping my eye out for ones we don't have.

I just keep calling nearby stores multiple times a week. I also check Amazon frequently. I found a few on there for regular prices a few weeks ago.

As for Cynder....is that one even released yet? I know that some of them have not been. If they are not released, or have just been released then the prices are going to be sky high unless you can find them in a store.

I just keep calling nearby stores multiple times a week. I also check Amazon frequently. I found a few on there for regular prices a few weeks ago.

As for Cynder....is that one even released yet? I know that some of them have not been. If they are not released, or have just been released then the prices are going to be sky high unless you can find them in a store.

Yes Cynder was released last time they released Skylanders. I actually snagged a Whirlwind/Drill Sergeant/Double Trouble pack that came out last round (thankfully since Target is as hard to find Skylanders at).

Regular prices I *think* are $7.99 for single packs and $19.99 for a triple pack or adventure pack.