Menu

Ugrent prayer request!!!! Please read!!!!

I got a call from my mom. This morning a 12 year old girl was hit by a car on her way to school as she got off the bus. She was riding a city bus, not a school bus. I heard that it was her teacher that hit her, but do not know for sure. Whoever it is please pray for them as well. I can not imagine how the driver is feeling. Not sure if the driver was not paying attention, or if the girl didn't look as she crossed or what. She is in critical condition in a Children's Hospital. My mom just called and said she will be in surgery for 4-5 hours to try to stop the bleeding in her brain. They are unaware of any brain damage or spinal cord damage at this point, or even if she will make it :crying: :crying: My mom is really close to them. She is sitting with the girls mom and brother at the hospital. Please pray for wisdom for my mom to know what to say/do.

Here is a first small story about it, not much info is out yet though. Her brother, 13, saw it happen. Keep him in your prayers as well.

This family has already been through a TON because they just left an abusive relationship with their dad/ mom's husband. Things are just starting to get better then this.

Edited by wy_kid_wrangler04

Update: She is out of surgery and is in recovery right now. She was upgraded from critical condition to serious condition. She has 2 straws inserted around her brain for drainage, pins in her shoulder and leg, and her hearing may be damaged. Please continue praying!!!!

Thank you for the update. Prayers continue! :grouphug:

I heard that it was a school counselor that hit her. Reports are that she walked behind a car that was stopped and darted out from behind that and the person that hit her had the green light/right away. Still very sad.

She is at a very top notch Children's hospital though. The neurology department there is VERY VERY good.

I heard that it was a school counselor that hit her. Reports are that she walked behind a car that was stopped and darted out from behind that and the person that hit her had the green light/right away. Still very sad.

She is at a very top notch Children's hospital though. The neurology department there is VERY VERY good.

Yeah that is what my mom heard also. The girls brother tried to stop her and couldn't and is feeling like this is his fault, that he should have done more. The counselor is the counselor from her school. I just can not imagine. My mom said the counselor has been talking with the brother trying to help him realize that he could not have prevented this.

Another update:

They think her brother broke her shoulder as he was trying to stop her from getting hit because he saw what was coming. He is doing horrible. Apparently he keeps saying "it should have been me and not her and maybe I shouldn't have made it. It would be better that way" Please pray hard for him!! He is doing HORRIBLE. He won't eat or anything. Please pray for him!!

Justice is in a drug induced coma. They have her scalp open to allow for swelling. She is still in serious condition in the ICU but that is upgraded from critical. They said they are 75% sure she will have major hearing damage-- but that is a small price to pay to live!! Please continue praying.

UPDATE

She is out of ICU!!!! She was partially taken out of the drug induced coma and was correctly able to answer questions!!!! Doctors are AMAZED by how she is doing! Please keep the prayers coming because God is answering!

If things continue as they have they think she will be in a rehabilitation hospital in a week or 10 days!! There is a care page set up for her. Once I get the web address for it I will post it!! :D

Her brother is NOT doing well. He is very adamant that he should have done more to help her. Please keep him in your prayers (and her too ofcourse)

UPDATE!!!

Justice was moved to the rehab hospital!! She is considered low stimulation- so she has to be in a dark quiet room with very limited visitors. She did get a shower yesterday though for the first time! It took 2 1/2 hours but it was accomplished. It completely wiped her out though. The doctors are calling her recovery a miracle!! I have the info about her care pages so if you would like to keep updated send me a PM and I will get the info to you!!

UPDATE!!!

Justice was moved to the rehab hospital!! She is considered low stimulation- so she has to be in a dark quiet room with very limited visitors. She did get a shower yesterday though for the first time! It took 2 1/2 hours but it was accomplished. It completely wiped her out though. The doctors are calling her recovery a miracle!! I have the info about her care pages so if you would like to keep updated send me a PM and I will get the info to you!!

Wonderful news! I will continue to pray for her recovery.

UPDATE!!!

A miracle indeed!!!!! I have no doubt all of our prayers have been heard and are being answered!!!! Thank you so much for letting us know!!! :001_smile:

Still at the rehab facility. Here is the lastest on her carepage (again, written by her mother, keep that in mind ;))

This was posted 2-15:

Thank you to you all once again. Justice is doing better day by day! I was told yesterday that she will be going home on the 23rd! She will need 24hr care, wheel-chair bound and she has damage to the brain so it will be a struggle but she's well worth it! Tomorrow she and I are taking a "field trip" to the mall to go shopping with one of her therapists. She just grinned & asked who's paying!!! Haha!

She can't wait to get out of the hospital yet still a little scared, understandable. Well I will write back and let you all know how the "shopping spree" goes tomorrow!!! God Bless...

There are pictures of her in her wheel chair getting into the van on her care pages!! AMAZING! You can see where they had to shave her head and the huge scar on her head. Made me tear up. She is doing AMAZING though! God absolutely has been answering our prayers!!! :001_smile: