Menu

A Disney Win!

Brigid in NC

May I share exciting college news at our house? My almost-always-homeschooled aerospace engineer is on an NC State team that just won the Disney ImagiNations competition! If you have a college junior or senior, it's a terrific experience to be a part of a collaborative team competing in this program. The top teams (six this year) took an all-expense-paid week-long trip to CA to present their ideas to Disney management.

The trip also doubled as a "week-long interview" for Disney internships. Here's the link about the winning team this year: The Mind of Molly Mouse. And here's a link that tells about the competition and how college juniors, seniors, and grad students can enter: Disney ImaginNations.

Woo Hoo!

Edited by Brigid in NC

What great news! Congratulations to your son and his team. I hope that their presentation at Disney will go well.

Thank you! They actually already presented (out in California last week) and last Friday at Disney they learned that they won. So now the four guys are back in class. Back to the real world. ;) Thanks for your note!

Congratulations to your son and his team! And thanks for the link! My older son is a soph mech eng student, but he has junior buddies at various places around the nation. We will pass it on!

Of course I am so proud -- but I really did want to pass on information about this competition to other families. Disney holds the ImagiNations competition every year, and team members have to be college juniors, seniors, or grad students. So if you have a rising junior or senior, they are the students who can participate in the next competition. The projects have to be submitted to Disney in the fall, so look for updated info from Disney soon on next year's competition "theme." ;)

Edited by Brigid in NC

• 3 months later...