Menu

What will wake me in the wee hours of the morning tomorrow?

Today was the second time in a row I was rudely awakened by something unpleasant, both times around 4am and both times it was extremely difficult to get back to sleep :glare:

Early Monday I woke up to three loud bangs. It sounded like someone was trying to break in to our house. DH thought it sounded like someone was trying to force our garage door open. He investigated, but the noise had stopped. He then stood at the window for a while because he saw a couple people walking down the street. It was extremely difficult to get back to sleep and of course I had to be somewhere in the morning.

This morning dh had to be at work by 530, meaning he had to leave at 345am. I woke up to see him off and once again had a hard time falling back to sleep. I shouldn't have tried because it wasn't too long before I received a phone call from dh - he had slid off the road into a ditch and could not get out. This resulted in a few calls back and forth while I waited for someone who just drove by try to help him (failed), I then gave him instructions about our road side assistance to call a tow truck, and then waited while a truck driver helped him (success!). Did I mention that I suggested dh take the interstate because the windy back roads probably still had icy spots? Once again I had an extremely difficult time getting back to sleep and I had to take ds1 somewhere this morning.

What will wake me early tomorrow morning? Dog diarrhea? Puking kids?

Edited by SJ.