Menu

I wonder if I'm going to get audited

If I were you, I would go back through my copy of the tax return, and see if there were any errors.

About 10 years ago, ours was similarly delayed, because I had not added in the AMT (Alternate Minimum Tax). (I have a degree in Accounting, but just never thought this would apply to us!) It took several weeks for them to notify us by mail.

If you find a mistake yourself, you can file a corrected return and possibly speed up the process.

It was all done by Turbo Tax. There shouldn't be anything calculated incorrectly. If it is something like that, I guess I ought to see about getting refund.

I filed last tuesday (so a week ago) with TT and my DD date was supposed to be tomorrow (2/15). The WMR says they have no info on me, so I called the IRS today and they said they have no record of anything being or even trying to be submitted. I have to turbo tax email that says it was accepted, but the IRS says they never accepted it. I'm starting to panic a bit! This has never happened before!

I filed last tuesday (so a week ago) with TT and my DD date was supposed to be tomorrow (2/15). The WMR says they have no info on me, so I called the IRS today and they said they have no record of anything being or even trying to be submitted. I have to turbo tax email that says it was accepted, but the IRS says they never accepted it. I'm starting to panic a bit! This has never happened before!

Turbo Tax said that it would take up to 72 hours for the IRS to process an e-filed return, However, I filed last week Monday and it didn't show up till last night in their system. So don't panic yet.