Menu

Curriculum for Junior - Kindergarten

Guest faithandvirtue

Guest faithandvirtue

Hello all:

I have been homeschooling my daughter since 1st grade to now (3rd grade) in a classical way, using Well Trained Mind (WTM) recommendations and it has been easy.

Now, I have my 4 year old son who is currently in a church pre-shool 3 days a week. I would like to start him on a Junior Kindergarten program, that would include a good phonics program, that is fun and that would get him excited about reading. I didn't teach my daughter how to read so I am not sure what would be the best way to teach him.

I like WTM because it tells the instructor exactly what to do. I need guides that I can follow and I will make them happen.

I just looked at the Phonics Museum from Veritas K combo kit. Any thoughts or recommendations on this package?

Any help would be greatly appreciatted.

We had grandiose plans for ds this year who also goes to a church 3 day a week program, but well. . . we haven't gotten to much! :tongue_smilie: However, we are starting to do more and will school him through the summer to have him go through the summer to be where "I" would like him to start K

Math: we will start RSA probably next month

Phonics: Currently we are using OPGTR, not sure if we will stick with that or use ABeka that I used with dd. (If I didn't already own 2 phonics programs, I would very likely consider All About Reading [AAR])

Handwriting without Tears pre-k

Plus lots of books!