Menu

Medival Mom's Book list- in PDF!

A.Balaban

So, after searching and searching for an amazing book list, I found one: http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153829&highlight=book+list

It's truly amazing. But, I wanted to get it off the computer in a better format. So I put it in a Word Doc and then transferred it into a PDF.

Hope someone likes it.

Here is the link to access the PDF: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B8IrlQA9QixnMTUxOWMyYTEtYjhlZC00M2UwLWIxMzUtNzRlZjAxM2FjYjI2

• Like 4

:party:

... if I PM you, might you be willing to send me the word doc?

In either case: thank you so much for sharing this! It's a terrific list, and much more usable in this format.

Yes, I can send you the Word Doc. I guess I should both up on a file sharing site so people can share and access it. I will do this when I get home this evening. Haha. I did this little project on my vacation. :lol:

Thanks!

As a side note, how do you make a Word doc in to a pdf or put it on Google docs like you did? I have a book list based on the history time periods I wouldn't mind sharing as well.

Haha it was actually pretty tricky. Not sure if it supposed to be that difficult or not. I used Abobe Reader to covert the file into pdf then uploaded it to google. Adobe only let's u do like one free convert without paying for access. I'm not sure if there is another way to make pdfs.

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks!

As a side note, how do you make a Word doc in to a pdf or put it on Google docs like you did? I have a book list based on the history time periods I wouldn't mind sharing as well.

I use a free software program called Primo PDF. Send me a PM if you need any help converting your Word doc to a PDF. http://www.primopdf.com/

It works really well. I can't wait for you to share your booklist. I'm a little bit of a booklist addict! :drool:

• 3 months later...
Haha it was actually pretty tricky. Not sure if it supposed to be that difficult or not. I used Abobe Reader to covert the file into pdf then uploaded it to google. Adobe only let's u do like one free convert without paying for access. I'm not sure if there is another way to make pdfs.

In Word, hit Print as if you want to print the document. Then on the print panel that pops up there is an option to "save as pdf" or "print to pdf". On my mac laptop it's in the lower left corner of the print panel. Alternatively, you can select the Preview option which prints it to a pdf and opens it in a pdf viewer.

ETA: Sometimes you can just do a "Save as" to a PDF directly from the File menu.

Edited by Cosmos

In Word, hit Print as if you want to print the document. Then on the print panel that pops up there is an option to "save as pdf" or "print to pdf". On my mac laptop it's in the lower left corner of the print panel. Alternatively, you can select the Preview option which prints it to a pdf and opens it in a pdf viewer.

I have founded do PDF very helpful. I also have pdf sam to add and subtract pages from pdf documents.

In case anyone's interested, I posted my new (improved) booklists on this thread.

This time, they're in .pdf form, zipped. The arrangement is also different, with 1/4 emphasis on science, 1/4 history, and 1/2 literature. Each list is divided by quarters of the year.

Hope it helps someone :)

YOU are awesome! :party: Thank you so much for both lists!!!

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...