Menu

How old will YOU be when ...

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 when oldest is 18, 45 when youngest in 18. So assuming the youngest goes to college from ages 18-22, they would both be done with college before we are 50.

I consider this to be one of the key advantages of earlier parenthood (which was not a planned thing for us, but hey might as well look on the bright side, right?)

Wow! I'm feeling like a spring chicken! ;) I'll be almost 50...

(Oh, and if he does the AP classes and is taught by adjunct professors for some... he'll have 2 yrs of college and he'll graduate "potentially" by age 20..... I'll be almost 52!) Yay.... I'm trying to be excited about possibly having 20 good years to work...etc.... :)

Edited by NayfiesMama

All of your kids are graduated and ready to move on?

Obviously there are loads of factors that come into play but when my youngest finishes high school, and does 4 years of college minimum, I will be 62!!!

That is a sobering thought.

What about you?

I was 40 when my oldest graduated high school.

When my youngest is 21, I will be 61:001_huh:

Oy,

Faithe

Edited by Mommyfaithe

All of your kids are graduated and ready to move on?

Obviously there are loads of factors that come into play but when my youngest finishes high school, and does 4 years of college minimum, I will be 62!!!

That is a sobering thought.

What about you?

When my youngest is 21, I'll be 49, but he's disabled and will always be with us. My older child (I only have two) is a 9th grader this year.

when my middle dc finishes college I'll be 54. My youngest will live at home forever. He will not finish high school at the typical time and will be in public school until I am 57 I think.

I assume this question suggests a time when dc have left home and you can put more focus on yourself and dh. I know there are a few of us here who will never have the time.

I'll be 39 when my oldest graduates high school. I'll be 41 with my youngest when she graduates high school. So, 43 with oldest at a 4-yr college and 45 with youngest at a 4-yr college. I'm really hoping that they will be some very independent 18 yr olds! I'm looking forward to my time with just me and Dh! :D

I will be 47 when youngest graduates high school. So, I will be 51 and dh will be 53 when youngest graduates college, assuming everything goes according to plan (ha!).

That's me and dh, too. :)

Except, we don't have a college plan for him. It will depend on what he wants to do. Right now, he's quite seriously considering culinary school and a business/entrepreneur course. Who knows, though. He's only 12 now.

My youngest is now 4 and starting K not next year but the year after, so assuming no more kids (looks likely at this point), and four years of college for him, I'll be ... oh goodness I'm too tired to do the math, and someone keeps interrupting ... I'll be 62.

I'll be the oldest here, I think, coming in at 65 when DS finishes college, assuming he follows a traditional track. That seems old to me, but the way I see it, I'll end up 65--here's hoping anyway--no matter what, so I'll happily trot of to his graduation. It'll beat playing Bingo.

Editing to add: I just read a little more of the thread, and I'm not the oldest. Let's just make sure my guy finishes at 22. My grandmother was 61 at my college graduation..

Edited by yellowperch