Menu

How old will YOU be when ...

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of your kids are graduated and ready to move on?

Obviously there are loads of factors that come into play but when my youngest finishes high school, and does 4 years of college minimum, I will be 62!!!

That is a sobering thought.

What about you?

I am right there with you Heather. Baby girl just started kindergarten.

Well, I'm thinking both my boys will be in community college/vo-tech training by the age of 16. So, that would be in 10 years, and I'll be 44.

Of course, we all know how things have a way of changing. Perhaps the Lord will call one of them to the mission field, or to be a doctor, or something I haven't even thought of yet.

I'll be 59 when my youngest graduates college if he takes four years to finish, and assuming he finishes high school on time. My oldest is 12 years older than my youngest. He will graduate high school next year. So next year I will have both a high school senior and a kindergartener. IRL, I only know one other mom with kids spread that far apart in age. On here, it is more common.

Depending on when we graduate our last ds since he would be very capable of graduating quite early, but currently his emotional maturity does not match his academics - I'll be 47-50 years old and dh will be 51-54.

That's just for finishing high school and since he's very likely headed for undergrad math and physics degrees and then grad school - completely on his own could be much later.

Oh, and dd tells me she hopes I'll homeschool her children for K-2 and then she can take them after that and one of our nephews was wondering if dh and I would open a boarding homeschool for his children! Sheesh....I may NEVER be free!!!

Faith

All of your kids are graduated and ready to move on?

Obviously there are loads of factors that come into play but when my youngest finishes high school, and does 4 years of college minimum, I will be 62!!!

That is a sobering thought.

What about you?

I'm right behind you - I'll be 61 (my youngest is now 3yo, and assuming 4 years of college).

IF we don't get the baby (she's 8months old and precious and we are hoping....), I will be 53 when my youngest, C, graduates high school, assuming that we give him an extra year (red shirting due to bday and history). We we do get the baby, add a few years :)

Of course, this also assumes that I will not be homeschooling my grandchildren (from oldest ds), assuming I get any.