Menu

Exercise thread 2/5-2/11

Happy Sunday. What are your plans this week for staying/getting in shape?

I didn't get in a work out all weekend. Yesterday, I had an early meeting. Today I spent the day scrubbing the house.

I borrowed a DVD from the library so I'm going to try that this week.

Bet your back will be sore!

Proving yet again that one should just press play; I was feeling so lousy, fat, sick, ugly, high and goofy (cold medication) and whatever. I popped in a Month 1 Insanity DVD and had an incredible workout! :confused: I blew right through it and then for some unknown reason, I decided to try for splits; something I haven't done in probably a year. I nearly did full splits in all three directions. ;)

Sunday muscle endurance

Monday weight training and stretch

Tuesday Intervals

Wednesday weight training /stretch

Thursday HITT

Friday weight training/stretch

Saturday Ball/interval

My dh sent me a new workout video for all of us over 35 thought I would share with you:lol: I remember this ladies commercials. I can't believe folks bought this

workout parody video funny/clean but title uses curse word

5.3 miles on the treadmill this morning. The last mile was the worst, because someone hopped onto the treadmill next to mine (this was at the gym) who obviously hadn't showered in a while. They smelled like a litter box. :ack2:

Icky!!

Monday - Jackie Warner's Power Circuit Training.

I am going to take about a two-week break from Pump. We are traveling some next week, and I hurt my back a bit last week. Dh says I am trying to do too much weight too soon. I took off last Friday - Sunday. Exercising today, definitely helped me be less sore, but I am a little gun-shy of Pump right now, so I am going to go back to my "usual" for the next couple of weeks.

sun. bob harper pure burn strength video

Mon. 4.5 miles run/walk and hopscotch with dd (that does count right. I mean she makes it 35 boxes long)

Tues. 2.5 mile walk and Ultimate core workout and more hopscotch and/or jumping on trampoline with dd.

I've been cajoled into starting 100 Pushups, so that will make my life interesting. I am sore from Day 1. It's 3x/wk. http://hundredpushups.com/

Intriguing. I may be cajoled into doing it with you. I did 8 pushups this morning. 8! I was so happy!

Okay, I just did the test and I did 12. I'm going to ask DH if he wants to do the challenge with me. :) I'm going to start Monday.

My 11 yr old wants to do the challenge. Would it be too much for him?

Edited by Kleine Hexe

I went to zumba today!! :D It was the class that I referenced yesterday.

I was hesitant to do it again, because I do like it so much but the $$ is a little :glare: ... $5/class + $1/kid childcare. But I can get 10 classes for $40 or 20 classes for $60.

I can only go once a week right now (classes are T/Th at 4 and DH has an EMT class Th at 6 - not enough time to get home and get dinner), but I'm thinking I'm going to try to make it a regular Tuesday thing. :)

I'm really motivated. I hope I can keep this feeling and do it. :)

This is a "cut back" week for me, so it'll be low mileage/intensity this week.

I've been cajoled into starting 100 Pushups, so that will make my life interesting. I am sore from Day 1. It's 3x/wk. http://hundredpushups.com/

Sunday: Rest

Monday: 6 mile run + 100 PushUps initial test & Wk 1 Day 1

Tuesday: Rest

I think I will join you with the 100 Pushups. After I am successful then I think I will do the 50 Pullups program. Thanks!

I went to zumba today!! :D It was the class that I referenced yesterday.

I was hesitant to do it again, because I do like it so much but the $$ is a little :glare: ... $5/class + $1/kid childcare. But I can get 10 classes for $40 or 20 classes for $60.

I can only go once a week right now (classes are T/Th at 4 and DH has an EMT class Th at 6 - not enough time to get home and get dinner), but I'm thinking I'm going to try to make it a regular Tuesday thing. :)

I'm really motivated. I hope I can keep this feeling and do it. :)

Thats fantastic! I am glad you are going to be able to keep going to class.

Tuesday - Zumba. I have to confess that I am very selfishly hoping that all the new people who have flooded the Y will lose interest in their resolutions. The Y now has to have valet parking to handle all the cars. We were crammed into the gym for Zumba! OK - OK - maybe I should hope that a very rich donor would pay to have the Y expanded instead!

Tuesday - Zumba. I have to confess that I am very selfishly hoping that all the new people who have flooded the Y will lose interest in their resolutions. The Y now has to have valet parking to handle all the cars. We were crammed into the gym for Zumba! OK - OK - maybe I should hope that a very rich donor would pay to have the Y expanded instead!

LOL, my gym was the same way last year! Zumba was PACKED from about January to the end of March, then when the warm weather hit attendance started to diminish, and eventually got back to a much more reasonable size. (for a while you had to be there 30 minutes early to get a spot anywhere near the front, where you could actually see the instructor!) For some reason that same huge influx of attendees hasn't happened this year. And for that I'm grateful. :tongue_smilie:

That one doesn't do anything for me either. You like Bar stuff?

So far I've done the older Fat Free one and today I received my new order and did the Super Sculpting...yes I really like them so far. Works muscles I don't usually work and I like that :) I'll update as I try the others.

I'm going swimming in a few hours and simply can't wait. :) I love, love, love the water.

Fun. I'm a weak swimmer. Never really learned properly.

5 miles on the treadmill this morning. The only reason I do treadmill runs is because of how I feel when I'm done. It's boring as heck while I'm doing it. :p

I wish I had a treadmill.

I did JM 6 Week 6 Pack. I hurt my shoulder doing that cross crunch move. I guess I was putting my weight on my shoulder instead of using my stomach muscles to crunch upward correctly. :glare:

I didn't get in my running/cardio after like I like to. Ran out of time. I'm having a hard time getting up early enough to get in as much exercise as I want. My little one really clings to me in bed in the mornings, and gets really cranky if I get up. I guess he needs his quiet cuddle mommy time every morning. Then of course, I have to ready to start lessons by 9:30 at the latest.....

Ah well, I do what I can. :001_smile:

Now, what to do about my aching shoulder?

I wish I had a treadmill.

I did JM 6 Week 6 Pack. I hurt my shoulder doing that cross crunch move. I guess I was putting my weight on my shoulder instead of using my stomach muscles to crunch upward correctly. :glare:

I didn't get in my running/cardio after like I like to. Ran out of time. I'm having a hard time getting up early enough to get in as much exercise as I want. My little one really clings to me in bed in the mornings, and gets really cranky if I get up. I guess he needs his quiet cuddle mommy time every morning. Then of course, I have to ready to start lessons by 9:30 at the latest.....

Ah well, I do what I can. :001_smile:

http://www.stopchasingpain.com

But I like his Facebook page better.

I want to go to Zumba tonight. I'm not sure if I can. My right foot started to swell and ache yesterday out of the blue. Now my left foot is also swollen. I'm hobbling around. I'm going to do the high doses of natural and over-the-counter anti-inflammatories and soak my feet in epsom salts thing this morning. I don't want to give up my momentum on exercise but don't want to make it worse either.

Today I did BodyStep & BodyPump. I took a break yesterday.

I have been pretty tired lately. I don't know if it is because I just had a head cold and there are sick people everywhere, if it is because I just started my cycle, or if it is because the new step release is so hard and I have been overtraining. Maybe a combo of all three?

I have been thinking of taking a week, maybe two, and just doing yoga. Then I was thinking of doing the workout program in Jillian Michael's Making the Cut. I have contemplated this before but I usually keep doing what I always do at the gym. We'll see.

SJ

I never thought of myself as a particularly good swimmer until my dh told me. I can only do bre@st stroke and taught myself to swim at the age of 6 or so. I just love being in the water. I'd be in it all day long if I could.

I'm having a hard time getting up early enough to get in as much exercise as I want.

Yes, me too. My dc are much older, but lately I've been having a very hard time. If I don't exercise in the morning, it won't happen later. Don't worry, these things come and go. Your little one will soon grow. :grouphug:

Tiger Balm

Some good stretches - you might find some on You Tube or google some.

Then I was thinking of doing the workout program in Jillian Michael's Making the Cut. I have contemplated this before but I usually keep doing what I always do at the gym. We'll see.

SJ

Do you have any of her DVDs?? I don't know what her routine is in that particular book, but you could pick up one of her DVDs at Wal-mart for ten bucks. NMTZ is my favorite!

I'm not nearly as hardcore as you all are. :tongue_smilie:

But, considering I just started getting back to trying to exercise this week, I'm ok with that. :D I didn't do anything yesterday, today I did Crunch Pick Your Spot Pilates. It was ok for me. I did it a few months ago and I could feel it the next day...hoping it will be similar tomorrow. :)

no hard core here :D in fact I really don't feel like working out today but I am heading down to the treadmill right now anyway :tongue_smilie:

But, considering I just started getting back to trying to exercise this week, I'm ok with that. :D I didn't do anything yesterday, today I did Crunch Pick Your Spot Pilates. It was ok for me. I did it a few months ago and I could feel it the next day...hoping it will be similar tomorrow. :)

Do you have any of her DVDs?? I don't know what her routine is in that particular book, but you could pick up one of her DVDs at Wal-mart for ten bucks. NMTZ is my favorite!

No I don't have any of her DVDs. Exercise DVDs I purchased in the past just sat on a shelf and I had the best intentions to do them some day. :lol:

What is NMTZ? I'll have to keep that in mind, but I do love my time at the gym. Can't beat their childcare, the boys get to do awesome things while I get some time to myself.

But, considering I just started getting back to trying to exercise this week, I'm ok with that. :D

That's what I was thinking! I don't even know what some of the things are you're talking about. But I want to get back to exercising and I have a Y membership that is getting decent use. I did manage, a couple of months ago, to do 1 hour or more of exercise, 5 times a week, mostly at the Y, sometimes at home. THAT is what I want to get back to!

So, I will be doing baby steps compared to some of you, but I'd LOVE to have people to be responsible to! :001_smile: Do you do an exercise thread every week?