Menu

If you have a Kindle Fire....do you love it?

We don't have any ipads or itouches or anything like that. We are thinking of trying a Kindle Fire with our little crew. I know you have to get apps through Amazon which is fine. Can you watch Netflix with the Fire? We can't swing an ipad right now. I know a Fire is not an equal but if we use it for books and apps will we be happy? Or do we just wait until we can buy a pad?

I think you would be happy with a Fire rather than an ipad. It really is *almost* a mini-tablet.

There are lots of fine and fun apps that are free, including educational ones like Speed Anatomy and some for learning states and presidents, math, and many art apps.

Yes, you can watch Netflix on the Fire.

I think Walmart is giving $50 giftcards this week with the purchase of a Kindle Fire.

DH surprised me with one (I never expressed an interest in it because I never really was interested in it) in early December (b-day). I love it. It is so nice to take places, instead of a book.

We've got our small group book loaded on it and I can highlight things. My 10yo dd thinks it's neat to read the Bible on it in church (I bring my paper Bible and she gets the Kindle).

And with the Fire, which is color, you can watch videos, play games, etc.

If I have insomnia, I can have it turned on (with ear buds if necessary) and it doesn't keep DH up.

I totally love it. I really can't believe how much I like it.

We don't have any ipads or itouches or anything like that. We are thinking of trying a Kindle Fire with our little crew. I know you have to get apps through Amazon which is fine. Can you watch Netflix with the Fire? We can't swing an ipad right now. I know a Fire is not an equal but if we use it for books and apps will we be happy? Or do we just wait until we can buy a pad?

We don't have any iThingies, either. My Dad has an iPad, and he let my boys play with it over Thanksgiving. They each got Fires for Christmas and love them (I was worried playing on an iPad might ruin it, but they absolutely love their Fires). I'm a bit jealous. You can watch Netflix on it. One benefit it has over the iPad is that you can run flash on it, which means you can play games on Headventureland (Classical Academic Press) and other websites on it.

I got one for Christmas and absolutely love it! The kids and I use it a lot. Dh has an ipad and I was worried it would be a disapointment compared to that, but I really love it. We can stream Netflix, lots of kid apps, and I love the books! :) Solid purchase for our family.

We gave our three girls and DH's DD each one for Christmas. All the girls LOVE their Fires! Two of the girls use the Fire for college. My DSD has her nursing books on hers.

I got one for DH too and he loves it. He take his Fire on short business trips and leaves his heavy laptop at home.