Menu

Science for HS

I'm still a few years away from needing this, but I like planning my "this year" and "next year" based on what comes after; I look at the whole, I guess, and figure out what is needed now. I'm using elemental science this year, chemistry; next year, biology, and I guess the year after will be earth science.... but at that point I'm going to need the rhetoric phase, or I'm going to need to find another program. Secular preferred. Any ideas?

I might take a look at Ring of Fire for high school level geology. I believe it is secular....

I have put together some stuff for a ninth grade bio study if you don't want to use just a straight hs level text. It's at my blog.... Quarks and Quirks has a similar program (hers has more human bio and mine has more botany) at her blog.

I think the level of work will depend on what year you're doing the work and what area of study your child is interested in - if a science major in college is likely, then I'd recommend different things than if this is a liberal arts kind of child....