Menu

Wow!! What an amazing story! CC

:confused::confused: You think ABC made it up?? Why would they?

I don't think ABC made it up, I think the woman is covering for something. Perhaps her kid.

A random stranger comes into her house to slash her throat and nothing more. Doesn't want a free car or money, just wants to inflict pain and then hangs around for more than an hour listening to bible verses of all things. I think the 15 year old hurt his mother in some way after some sort of altercation and she's covering for him. EVERYONE takes free money when offered if they are a criminal. Esp one that would slit an innocent woman's throat.

I don't think ABC made it up, I think the woman is covering for something. Perhaps her kid.

A random stranger comes into her house to slash her throat and nothing more. Doesn't want a free car or money, just wants to inflict pain and then hangs around for more than an hour listening to bible verses of all things. I think the 15 year old hurt his mother in some way after some sort of altercation and she's covering for him. EVERYONE takes free money when offered if they are a criminal. Esp one that would slit an innocent woman's throat.

The son hid and listened outside, without going for help, for 90 minutes while his mother sat in mortal danger with a slashed throat? :blink:

Yeah, what you're both saying makes sense. I don't know all the details. I guess only the mother does. Just on face value and taking them at their word it seemed pretty amazing. I still believe that God does miracles so I didn't find it overly strange. I agree though that I would imagine that the kid would run for help though. That is weird.

Sigh. I hate the news articles on Yahoo. They never give enough information. :glare:

Yeah, what you're both saying makes sense. I don't know all the details. I guess only the mother does. Just on face value and taking them at their word it seemed pretty amazing. I still believe that God does miracles so I didn't find it overly strange. I agree though that I would imagine that the kid would run for help though. That is weird.

Sigh. I hate the news articles on Yahoo. They never give enough information. :glare:

If you take a look at my siggy you'll see that I'm Catholic. I FULLY believe in all sorts of miracles. I just don't believe this is one.

The son hid and listened outside, without going for help, for 90 minutes while his mother sat in mortal danger with a slashed throat? :blink:

That's what I was thinking. Something here smells off. I agree with the pp who said it was probably the son and the mother was covering for him.

Given that the woman apparently spent an hour and a half chatting with the man and would be able to ID him pretty accurately, and that according to her he was completely batsh*t crazy, I find it hard to believe they wouldn't have caught him pretty quickly.

Maybe he was rooting for the attacker. ;)

Just saying... :tongue_smilie:

PS. Iucounu, you and I don't always agree, but we have the exact same thoughts about this story. While I'd love to believe it's true, the details just don't add up.