Menu

Favorite movie lines *fun post*

"Would you like to buy some Girl Scout cookies?"

"Are they made from real Girl Scouts?" (The Addams Family)

"Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!"

"Chicken. Good." and "Leeloo Dallas mooltipass. Mool-tee-pass." (The Fifth Element)

"We're men! Manly men! We're men in tights! Yes!"

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of mine have been mentioned. Bull Durham is my favorite movie ever. Also love So I Married and Axe Murderer and The Princess Bride is the most quoted movie in my house.

I have a couple of others.

Did you bump uglies with my sister? Tango and Cash

Anything happens to my daughter, I got a .45 and a shovel, I doubt anybody would miss you. - Clueless

What About Bob? (1991):

Bob Wiley: [eating corn] Oh, Fay, this is so scrumptious. Is this hand-shucked?

Bob Wiley: [riding in Leo's car, speaking as Leo drives] It was an interesting morning, fruitful. But it lacked the intensity that you and I generate together, the sparks that we get one-on-one. We just gotta figure out a way to work around your schedule. Could we work afternoons? Two to four? Three to five? Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday?

Dr. Leo Marvin: AHHHHHH!

[slams the brakes, gets out of the car, walks around, and opens Bob's door]

Bob Wiley: Are you saying you'd rather work mornings?

Dr. Leo Marvin: GEDADDADACA!!!

Bob Wiley: Is this some radical new therapy?

Bob Wiley: What is this, isolation therapy?

Bob Wiley: What are you doing with the gun, Dr. Marvin?

Dr. Leo Marvin: Death Therapy, Bob. It's a guaranteed cure.

Bob Wiley: [singing] Leo Marvin's a genius! Your death therapy cured me, you genius!

Meet the Parents (2000):

Jack: Greg, would you like to say grace?

Pam: Oh, uh, well, Greg's Jewish, Dad. You know that.

Jack: You're telling me Jews don't pray, honey? [to Greg] Unless you have some objection.

Greg: No, no, no, no, I'd love to. Pam, come on, it's not like I'm a rabbi or something. I've said grace at many a dinner table.

Pam: Okay.

Greg: O dear God, thank You. You are such a good God to us, a kind and gentle... and accommodating God. And we thank You, O sweet, sweet Lord of hosts... for the... smorgasbord... You have so aptly lain at our table this day... and each day... by day. Day by day by day. O dear Lord, three things we pray. To love Thee more dearly. To see Thee more clearly. To follow Thee more nearly... day by day... by day. Amen.

Pam Byrnes: I had no idea you could milk a cat!

Greg Focker: Oh, you can milk just about anything with nipples.

Jack Byrnes: I have nipples, Greg, could you milk me?

Pam Byrnes: Greg honey, how are you doing?

Greg Focker: Oh great, considering I desecrated your Grandma's remains, found out you were engaged, and had your father ask me to milk him.

Jack Byrnes: You tried to milk him, didn't you, you sick son of a *****?

Dina: Oh, honey, why don't you read Greg your poem?

Jack: Oh, no, he doesn't want to hear that.

Greg: What? No! What... what... what poem?

Dina: You see, when Jack had to retire... for health reasons...

Jack: That's a bunch of malarkey. Honey, I'm fine.

Dina: The doctor thought it would be therapeutic if he... sort of expressed his emotions in an artistic way. Honey, you wrote the most beautiful poem about your mother.

Pam: Please, we really wanna hear it.

Greg: Poem, poem. Please!

Jack: Oh, all right. It's a work in progress. I'm still not happy with it. As soon as it's ready, then I am going to glaze it onto a plate... and put it next to the urn.

Greg: Nice.

Dina: It's very special.

Jack: "My Mother", by Jack Byrnes. You gave me life / You gave me milk / You gave me courage / Your name was Angela / The angel from Heaven / But you were also an angel of God / And He needed you, too / Selfishly I tried to keep you here / While the cancer ate away your organs, / Like an unstoppable rebel force / But I couldn't save you / and I shall see your face nevermore, nevermore, nevermore / Until we meet in heaven.

Pam: Daddy, that's beautiful.

Dina: It always gets me.

Greg: Amazing. So... so.. so much love, yet also so much information.

Jack Byrnes: I will be watching you and if I find that you are trying to corrupt my first born child, I will bring you down, baby. I will bring you down to Chinatown.

Denny Byrnes: Wait a minute, so your name is Gay Focker?