Menu

Favorite movie lines *fun post*

"I do not, for one, think that the problem was that the band was down. I think that the problem may have been that there was a Stonehenge monument on the stage that was in danger of being crushed by a dwarf. All right? That tended to understate the hugeness of the object."

- David St. Hubbins, This Is Spinal Tap

I love This is Spinal Tap. So funny.

"these go to 11" "they're one louder" :lol::lol::lol::lol:

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Monty Python's Holy Grail. The whole bit with Michael Palin as the peasant when King Arthur approaches him just cracks me up! :lol:

I love this movie. It does have the best quotes.

"What makes you think she's a witch"

"She turned me into a newt."

"She turned you into a newt?"

"Er... I got better"

"Burn her anyway"

And then there's the whole dueling scene.

"'Tis but a scratch."

"A scratch? Your arm's off"

"I've had worse"

I could go on and on. I lvoe that movie.

I love this movie. It does have the best quotes.

"What makes you think she's a witch"

"She turned me into a newt."

"She turned you into a newt?"

"Er... I got better"

"Burn her anyway"

And then there's the whole dueling scene.

"'Tis but a scratch."

"A scratch? Your arm's off"

"I've had worse"

I could go on and on. I lvoe that movie.

How about the arrow from the tower window that lands right in the guy's chest and he says to King Arthur, "message for you sir." :lol:

"come back here. I'll bite your legs off!" :lol:

Mrs. White:I dont want a scandal, do I? We had had a very humiliating public confrontation. He was deranged. He was [points to head] a lunatic! He didn't actually seem to like me very much; he had threatened to kill me in public.

Miss Scarlet: Why would he wanna kill you in public?

Wadsworth: I think she meant he threatened, in public, to kill her.

And pretty much the rest of that movie.

"Your first husband also disappeared."

"But that was his job, he was an illusionist."

"But he never reappeared."

"He wasn't a very good illusionist."

My favorite movie of all time!

Could be worse. Could be raining. -- Young Frankenstein

And more Holy Grail:

"Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government."

"I'm 37. I'm not old." (I think of this one often because I am currently 37. My name isn't Dennis, though.)

"One day, lad, all this will be yours." "What, the curtains?"

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Another from Young Frakenstein "yes! Yes! He was my BOYFRIEND!!" :p

You are my new best friend.

:lol::lol::lol::grouphug:

Frau Blucher *horses whinny* hehehehe

How bout this one from Igor?

Igor: "You know, I'll never forget my old dad. When these things would happen to him... the things he'd say to me. "

Dr. Frankenstein: "What did he say?"

Igor: "What the hell are you doing in the bathroom day and night? Why don't you get out of there and give someone else a chance?"

There are so many I love from Idiocracy but this is one of my favorites...

"The years passed, mankind became stupider at a frightening rate. Some had high hopes the genetic engineering would correct this trend in evolution, but, sadly, the greatest minds and resources were focused on conquering hair loss and prolonging erections."

:tongue_smilie:

There are so many I love from Idiocracy but this is one of my favorites...

"The years passed, mankind became stupider at a frightening rate. Some had high hopes the genetic engineering would correct this trend in evolution, but, sadly, the greatest minds and resources were focused on conquering hair loss and prolonging erections."

:tongue_smilie:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

"You can't HANDLE the truth!"

from A Few Good Men

Love this one!!

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

We quote this one frequently at our house. along with "Inconceivable!"

Darth Vader: I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Yes!!

And when the kids whine (which is often) "But I was going to the Tashi Station to pick up some power converters." That's what we say. I don't know if it's word for word. You have to whine it. :001_smile:

"Yeah, you blend."

My Cousin Vinny

:lol: I had forgotten how funny this movie was.

"I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request. Means no"

Also said at least once a week at our house.

"Herb, clean up in aisle six.". "Herb, we were never in aisle six. I swear!"

"You can hear that?" Is another favorite of ours from Mr. Mom. and "You're doing it wrong." (said with an irritated whine)

"These aren't the droids you're looking for"

This quote is said so often in our house. Not my favorite but most used by us.

We say this one too and frequently change it up. "These are not the chips you are looking for." "These are not the shoes you are looking for." It sounds funnier in the context of the moment. :001_smile:

"I have you now, my master." Annakin to Obi Wan.

My kids say "Gail, Gail, female" from Zookeeper all the time. It cracks them up. My oldest can do the whole monologue in character. It's very funny.

Turd Burglar.

Let go baby hippo.

Ha Ha Ha...Mom bucks. (you have to sing this one)

I like this one from Willy Wonka but I always mess it up and the kids have to correct me.

Good morning, Starshine. The earth says, "Hello."

I never say this one out loud without changing the words and it just doesn't come out the same. "Sh!tter was full." But we often say, "It's the gift that keeps on giving the whole year through. That it is Edward. That it is." "The little lights aren't twinkling, Clark."

"I've got time." from The Incredibles.

We also love to do the mispronunciations from Megamind. "Why am I so Me LON choly?" Re VENGE (rhymes with blanc mange) and Shool.

Too many more to list. Yes, we watch too many movies. Lastly I'll confess to singing like the princess from Enchanted when she summons the city animals to clean dude's messy apartment. Maybe if I do it enough some friendly creatures will help me clean my house. :001_smile:

"Over? Nothing is over until we say it's over... Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"

"Germans?"

"Forget it, he's on a roll..."

Animal House! ^^^

Ian Miller: [looking at her closely] I remember you. You're that waitress.

Toula Portokalos: Seating hostess.

Ian Miller: I remember you.

Toula Portokalos: Look, I was going through a phase. I was Frump Girl.

Ian Miller: I don't remember Frump Girl, but I remember you.

Grandpa: It was ten days to the wedding. The King still lived, but Buttercup's nightmares were growing steadily worse.

The Grandson: See didn't I tell you she'd never marry that rotten Humperdinck.

Grandpa: Yes you're very smart. Shut up.

"You can hear that?" Is another favorite of ours from Mr. Mom. and "You're doing it wrong." (said with an irritated whine)

LOL I loved Mr. Mom. "Schooner tuna. The Tuna with a heart! " hehehehehe

"you gave the baby chili? What are you nuts??" lol

"You kept his socks on?" "I didn't want his feet to get wet." :lol:

"I've got time." from The Incredibles.

Oooh I love this one too! "No capes" and "ah, ha ha, you caught me monologueing" are said all the time in our house. :p hehe

"Excuse me stewardess, I speak Jive."

:lol:

I can't believe nobody has mentioned So I Married An Axe Murderer! (unless I overlooked one). There are so many lines we quote from that movie. My DH can do the whole Colonel Sanders bit and the Gigantic Head bit. If we go somewhere and order something that turns out larger than we expect, we always say, "Excuse me, I believe I ordered the LARGE cup-o-ccino."

And from Groundhog's Day (which I didn't watch this week!!):

"Ooooooh, it's an earthquake!" DH says it every time we pull up behind a very elderly person that is going very slowly.

"People think I just take the camera and point it at stuff, but it is WAY more complicated than that." (he teases me with this, since I'm into photography)

"What if every day was exactly same, and nothing you did ever mattered?" . . . "'bout sums it up for me"

The Princess Bride:

"Inconthievable!"

"I do not think that word means what you think it means"

"It just so happens that your friend here is only mostly dead"

Edited by LemonPie

"He'll keep calling..." "O.K., I'll go, I'll go, I'll go..."

"Ed, You sounded like Dirty Harry just then."

"Who's bothering you this time, Jeannie?"

"My sister's boyfriend's best friend's cousin's mother saw him pass out at 31 Flavors last night. Guess it's pretty serious." We totally fudge on this one. I have no idea how it really goes.

"Bueller...

Bueller..."

"you just roll her bones on in here."

ETA: I forgot "NINE times." and "wrap a hot towel around your head."

Edited by silliness7

Inigo Montoya: You are using Bonetti's Defense against me, ah?

Westley: I thought it fitting considering the rocky terrain.

Inigo Montoya: Naturally, you must suspect me to attack with Capa Ferro?

Westley: Naturally... but I find that Thibault cancels out Capa Ferro. Don't you?

Inigo Montoya: Unless the enemy has studied his Agrippa... which I have.

I think 'Overboard' is my big go to for one-liners. My absolute favorite is Goldie Hawn's character stating to her butler:

I almost had to wait.

:lol::lol:

AAAAnnnnndddrreeww!!! Are you going to get me my lemon or must I squeeze it from my hat?!

I speak French? Do I know what I just said?

You gotta remember hon, you were in the Navy!

Monty Python's Holy Grail. The whole bit with Michael Palin as the peasant when King Arthur approaches him just cracks me up! :lol:

Not exactly from the movie, but after all the Monty Python quotes I now have the song "I am not dead yet" from the musical stuck in my head!

I used to be able to quote You've Got Mail. I love the line where she sends the woman to find the Shoe Books.

Not exactly from the movie, but after all the Monty Python quotes I now have the song "I am not dead yet" from the musical stuck in my head!

I used to be able to quote You've Got Mail. I love the line where she sends the woman to find the Shoe Books.

:lol::lol::lol:

Ah, mentioning You Got Mail made me think of Sleepless in Seattle where they are talking about the statistics for women getting married after 40 and Meg says, "that's not true!" and Rosie says, "but it feels true." :lol: :lol:

From the movie Parenthood, with Steve Martin:

[Gil has been complaining about his complicated life; Grandma wanders into the room]

Grandma: You know, when I was nineteen, Grandpa took me on a roller coaster.

Gil: Oh?

Grandma: Up, down, up, down. Oh, what a ride!

Gil: What a great story.

Grandma: I always wanted to go again. You know, it was just so interesting to me that a ride could make me so frightened, so scared, so sick, so excited, and so thrilled all together! Some didn't like it. They went on the merry-go-round. That just goes around. Nothing. I like the roller coaster. You get more out of it.

Just a few that get repeated around here:

"The emperor is not as forgiving as I am"/"apology accepted Captian Needa". - Vader

"Major Strasse is one of the reason's the third reich enjoys the reputation that it does" - Louie/Casablanca

"you despise me, don't you Rick"

"If I thought about it I might" - Rick/Casablanca

"I'm Shocked! Shocked! to find gambling going on here" Louie - "your winnings sir" - cashier

"Jr. They're shooting at us!" Dr. Jones - 3rd Indiana Jones movie. (wouldn't have been nearly as good delivered by someone other than James Bond. ;))

"it would take a miracle" - miracle max/The Princess Bride

Ah I just thought of a few from Life is Beautiful with Roberto Benigni.

Joshua: "No Jews or Dogs Allowed." Why do all the shops say, "No Jews Allowed"?

Guido: Oh, that. "Not Allowed" signs are the latest trend! The other day, I was in a shop with my Chinese friend and a kangaroo, but their sign said, "No Chinese or Kangaroos Allowed," and I said to my friend,

Joshua: Why doesn't our shop have a "Not Allowed" sign?

Guido: Well, tomorrow, we'll put one up. We won't let in anything we don't like. What don't you like?

Joshua: Spiders.

Guido: Good. I don't like Visigoths. Tomorrow, we'll get sign: "No Spiders or Visigoths Allowed."

***********************************************************************************

Guido: What kind of place is this? It's beautiful: Pigeons fly, women fall from the sky! I'm moving here!

************************************************************************************

And the whole part where Guido offers to translate for the German soldier even though he doesn't speak German and explains the rules of the game. :lol:

And when he's working in the camp carrying anvils each day and he says, "Vittorino, where do they get all these anvils?"

Edited by Ibbygirl

Elwood P. Dowd: Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, "In this world, Elwood, you must be" - she always called me Elwood - "In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant." Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me.

Harvey (My favorite movie of all time.)

Jimmy Stewart did an interview and he shared people would come up to him and ask him where Harvey was. "Oh, I left him at home".

From the movie Parenthood, with Steve Martin:

[Gil has been complaining about his complicated life; Grandma wanders into the room]

Grandma: You know, when I was nineteen, Grandpa took me on a roller coaster.

Gil: Oh?

Grandma: Up, down, up, down. Oh, what a ride!

Gil: What a great story.

Grandma: I always wanted to go again. You know, it was just so interesting to me that a ride could make me so frightened, so scared, so sick, so excited, and so thrilled all together! Some didn't like it. They went on the merry-go-round. That just goes around. Nothing. I like the roller coaster. You get more out of it.

I like that one too. :) That movie has some great lines too. :)

I like when Tom Hulce's character asks the grandma how she's doing and she says, "I'm shrinking!" and he replies "bummer". :lol:

"I want my two dollars!"

:hurray: I'm squealing in delight! I love, love, love Better off Dead!

"Four weeks, twenty papers, that's two dollars.... cash". :p

"Now that's a real shame when folks be throwin' away a perfectly good white boy like that."

"Buck up little camper. We'll beat that slope....together."

"Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"

"Jenny Meyer you sure do go to the outer limit to make an impression.

"It's got raisins in it. You like raisins." (we say this one all the time)

"Two brothers... One speaks no English, the other learned English from watching "The Wide World of Sports." So you tell me... Which is better, speaking no English at all, or speaking Howard Cosell?" :lol:

Anything from A Christmas Story. Our family could recite the entire movie, I think.

Love this one too! We watch it every year. :)

Edited by Ibbygirl

"

Dave Bowman: "Open the pod bay doors, HAL."

HAL 9000: "I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that."

- 2001: A Space Odyssey

Just what do you think you are doing Dave?

Dave, I really think I am entitled to an answer to that question.

I know everything hasn't been quite right with me. I can assure you confidently, it's going to be all right again.

I feel much better now. I really do. Look Dave. I can see you're really upset about this. (Gee, ya think???)

I honestly think you need to sit down calmly. Take a stress pill, and think things over. I know I've made some very poor decisions recently. But I can give you my complete assurance my work will be back to normal. I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission, and I want to help you.

Dave, stop.

Stop, will you.

Stop, Dave.

Will you stop Dave?

Stop Dave.

I'm afraid.

I'm afraid Dave. Dave.

My mind is going.

I can feel it.

I can feel it.

my mind is going.

There is no question about it.

I can feel it.

I can feel it.

I can feel it.

I'm a-fraid.

Good afternoon gentleman. I am a HAL9000 computer. I became operational at the H A L lab at Irvana IL. on the 12th of January 1992. My Instructor was Mr. Langley, and he taught me to sing a song. If you would like to hear it, I can sing it for you.

Dave: yeah, I'd like to hear it HAL. Sing it for me.

Daisy, Daisy, give your answer do, I'm half-crazy all for the love of you, it won't be a , , , , (it becomes unintelligable, but the song is Daisy Bell.)

"Now that's a real shame when folks be throwin' away a perfectly good white boy like that."

"Two brothers... One speaks no English, the other learned English from watching "The Wide World of Sports." So you tell me... Which is better, speaking no English at all, or speaking Howard Cosell?" :lol:

Love this one too! We watch it every year. :)

You beat me to the raisins line! That one comes up all the time here. Ive got to get that movie on DVD.

"A suicide telegram? Who sends a suicide telegram?"

"Don't point that finger at me unless you intend to use it."

"I know him. He'll kill himself just to spite me. Then his ghost will come back, following me around the apartment, haunting and cleaning, haunting and cleaning, haunting and cleaning..."

"You leave me little notes on my pillow! Told you 158 times I can't stand little notes on my pillow! 'We're all out of cornflakes. F.U.' Took me three hours to figure out F.U. was Felix Ungar!"

And, pretty much the whole Odd Couple script. We quote that a LOT.

"I'm merely a humble butler."

"What exactly do you do?"

" I buttle, sir."

"Why is J. Edgar Hoover on your phone?"

"I don't know, he's on everybody else's, why shouldn't he be on mine?"

"Is there a little girl's room in the hall?"

"Oui oui, Madame."

"No, I just wanna powder my nose."

Those 3 from Clue.

"Don't be saucy with me, Bernaise!"

"We are so poor, we do not even have a language! Just this stupid accent!"

And the whole Inquisition song. Hilarious!

Those 3 from History of the World, Part I and I just realized that I can't possibly put the rest of the quotes because they're... umm... a little too blue for a homeschooling forum.

Edited by Audrey

"Have fun storming the castle!" - Princess Bride

"You wasted $150,000 on an education you coulda got for $1.50 in late fees at the public library." - Good Will Hunting

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning... It smells like....victory." Apocalypse Now

We quote Monty Python around here all the time! LOL

"Blessed are the cheesemakers!"

"What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?"

"African or European?"

"Now you see the violence inherent in the system!"

"Welcome to the Castle Anthrax!"

We quote a lot of Blues Brothers, too.

"They're not gonna catch us. We're on a mission from God."

"Bring me four fried chickens and a coke."

"How much for the little girl? How much for the women? I want to buy your women."

'Hey, Lane, I was wondering if you'd mind if I took out Beth....'

Another classic.:D

"I'll be taking these Huggies and, uh, whatever cash you got."

Love it.

Some more of my favorites from Raising Arizona are:

"I'm walkin' in here on my knees, Ed, a free man, proposin'. Howdy, Kurt."

"Just like makin' popcorn."

"Don't you come back here without no baby."

"These blow up into any funny shapes?" "Not unless you think round is funny."

"I know, but Honeeeeeey!"

"What's he need, his dip-tet?"

I could go on for quite a while with that movie.

Screws fall out all the time. The world's an imperfect place.

Dick? Excuse me, Rich? Will milk be made available?

Brian: The library comes with fire exits at either end of the room.

Bender: Show Dick some respect!

Can I trouble you for a glass of warm milk? It helps me sleep.

You can trouble me for a warm glass of shut the hell up. Now you will go to sleep or I will put you to sleep! Look at the name tag. You're in my world now grandma.

And our all-time favorite:

Teacher says that real beauty is on the inside.

That's just something ugly people say.