Menu

technical difficulties - old Singapore math CD-ROMs

wapiti

I bought these (new, from singaporemath.com) to use on a very old computer, which should work (it has 2000 Windows ME) (these disks do not run on Windows 7). The program does open up to a title screen and looks as though it's about to start. However, on top of that screen, I get a white window that says: "Program Error, integer divided by 0" with a button "Close Program". There is an autorun text file with that line, "icon=pmp12.exe, 0". I tried to take that out, but of course the file is read-only. It almost seems like sabotage - I don't think it's my computer at all. It's on at least two of the disks. I didn't try the third yet. Anyone have any ideas as to what this is all about?

Edited by wapiti

I had lots of trouble getting mine to run on our newer computers but did have the option to run my computer as another older version of windows (I tried 2000, Me, 95/98....). I played around doing that and finally found one that would install and play it. They are worth the trouble :) Play around and see if you can find the settings that let you run your computer as a different version.

I had lots of trouble getting mine to run on our newer computers but did have the option to run my computer as another older version of windows (I tried 2000, Me, 95/98....). I played around doing that and finally found one that would install and play it. They are worth the trouble :) Play around and see if you can find the settings that let you run your computer as a different version.

Which Windows version worked for you? Windows Me is what we have on that old computer, and it looks like it's about to work (and it should according to the package), but for this weird window that pops up about an integer being divided by 0 (I almost thought it was a joke).