Menu

The Teacher's Lounge 2-3-2012

My own answers:

What did you have for breakfast? Lunch? Plans for dinner? Breakfast was 2 eggs, 2 slices of toast and peanut butter. Lunch will be a salad with protein. The kids have decided that dinner is fish sticks and organic tater tots (yes, you can get them - yummy but without the yucky stuff). I need to figure out some yummy veggies to serve with them.

What are your plans for today? And how are they going?

My plans are to finish a 1/2 day of school with the kids (finishing up the school day that we didn't get done yesterday). Then we need to emergency clean this house because our house is sinking fast into pig sty mode. Add to that, I need to now shampoo the carpet because dd refused to move the plant that was too close to the edge of the table, ds accidentally knocked it off, he tried to clean it up and in the process I now have a 3 foot long streak of ground in dirt in our light colored carpet.:banghead: I have also called the chiropractor for an "emergency" appointment because dd did not pick up her skateboard off of the landing and I fell down the stairs.

Have you ever gone to a chiropractor? Obviously yes. I usually only go for monthly "maintenance".

I know this is late to open the lounge but I'm desperate for my Teacher's Lounge fix!

I'm having a very bad day so I hope this will perk me up.

What did you have for breakfast? Lunch? Plans for dinner?

Have you ever gone to a chiropractor?

Yes, I have gone and still going regularly to a chiropractor. Are you considering it?

Good Grief Jean! How far, how hard did you fall? Did this aggravate your pain from the pericarditis?

Ice the sore spots if you have not done so and get to a chiro now.

And how about that dentist? I've been wondering about the recurring infections you have...:grouphug:

I know this is late to open the lounge but I'm desperate for my Teacher's Lounge fix!

Have you ever gone to a chiropractor?[/quote

OMG!!! You fell?!?!?!?!? I am so sorry!

I can only stay for a little while, but I am happy to be here even if for only a little while.

Breakfast: Toast

Lunch: Nothing

Plans for dinner: don't know what those are yet

Today: Leaving here at 3pm -- dh and I have a 2 hr appointment with the pre-wire guy for the new house. I hate these appointments -- I will have to be there though so dh doesn't go crazy with pre-wiring for big screen tvs that we don't have and don't intend to have. The pre-wire guys HATE me.:glare:

No -- have't gone to a chiropractor. I would go to an osteopathic physician who specializes in Osteopathic Manipulation Technique (OMT) and I have-- but I am not big on chiropractors -- and no flaming please -- I know many here are, but I just am not.

Here is what we should sit in her and laugh at:

https://us.etrade.com/e/t/jumppage/viewjumppage?PageName=etrade_super_tv_ads&coid=P_HP-P_MINI_C_SBSneakPeak_020212

if the link doesn't work: go to www.etrade.com and look for the baby ads.:lol:

Hi Jean!

I hope your day gets better. Remember, Don't Carpe Diem! :grouphug:

For breakfast, I had a protein shake. It's day five of doing this. It doesn't keep me full for very long, but I am glad to be actually using something that was expensive to purchase. Hopefully, everyone will forget they are hungry at lunchtime. Friday is pizza night at our house. :D

Today, my oldest son has a language class with friends. Then, I am taking all the books off the bookshelves because my dear sweet hubby is going to rearrange the school room tomorrow!! Hooray! My goal in rearranging is to put significant physical space between my 10 and 8 yo boys, who insist on fighting and bickering if they can see each other.

Nope, never been to a chiropractor, but my uncle was one. If *HE* can get licensed, I just can't trust them. :tongue_smilie:

What did you have for breakfast? Lunch? Plans for dinner? Breakfast for DD and I was strawberry muffins. Lunch will be leftovers, and dinner who knows :confused:

What are your plans for today? And how are they going? So far so good - DD finished school in 1.5 hours today with only one tiny meltdown {she has ASD} so I'm happy! Plus I have a box of homeschool books coming in the mail in about a hour hopefully.

Have you ever gone to a chiropractor? Once, and they promptly said they couldn't help me and wouldn't even consider it. But I have a 100+ degree spinal curve from kyphosis {hunchback} and pinched nerves in my spine so I can understand them not wanting to work on me. :D

It is still early on the west coast:D

:grouphug:I am sorry you fell down the stairs. Maybe you put my shoes one this morning, I fall down the stairs way to often (that could be what is wrong with me:lol:) I am a clutz!

Breakfast was a banana, string cheese, and a coffee.

Lunch, we are going to the mall (YUK!)

Dinner, leftover chicken potpot (so tempted to say tater tot casserole)

Plans: Dh has taken ds to drama, I am taking dd to ballet in just awhile, then we are meeting at the mall to get ds new glasses, fix a broken build a bear and have lunch. Then when we get home we are going to be great parents and sit our kids in front of a movie while we pack and get ready to leave on our mystery trip tomorrow!

I went once to a chiropractor, I did not like it. However, I am currently going weekly to physical therapy for my back.

I have to run out the door right now for the chiro so I'm not going to take the time to quote anyone. The fall wasn't a bad one and I'm still on high doses of Aleve for my chest, so I guess I was lucky that regard. I'm a bit scraped up from the skateboard I fell onto and my right hip and right foot are in pain. The main reason for the chiro is that it feels like the bones on the bottom of my foot are out and I want the chiro to push them back in the right positions!

I'm back. My chiro was not happy. He says my entire right side was totally thrown out of whack. I have to go back on Tuesday. Oh well.

Then ds14 greeted me with the news that the laundry that someone (not me but no one else is coming forward) put into the dry laundry basket yesterday was actually dripping wet and has now dampened the entire basket load as well as making it smell funky. Sigh. Off to restart laundry. . .

Breakfast was my usual and so was lunch. Dinner will be homemade gf pizza.

I'm working and it's snowing. We'd planned for science with friends, but that was cancelled with snow. The kids have finished their work, and I have hours more.

Yes. I woke up one morning not able to turn my head because I'd slept on my stomach for the only time on my life. I also took my ds once for a few sessions after he'd had a head-on-head collision with another boy at soccer. He'd knocked his neck out of whack. However, I don't go on a regular basis.

Hello all!

What did you have for breakfast? Lunch? Plans for dinner? For breakfast I had cereal. For lunch we had burriotos. For dinner we will be having strogonoff.

Today I'm hoping to get a lot of cleaning done. I might also be buying WTM 2009 edition for the Kindle, since I'm sick of checking out the book from the library. Then I plan on sewing a zipper on a dress I'm trying to make for baby girl. Have I mentioned I don't know how to sew and am trying to teach myself with YouTube videos? Yeah, we'll see how this goes.

Have you ever gone to a chiropractor? I have many times, mostly when I was younger. I even used to work for a practice in high school. I did some billing, hooked people up to the machines, took and developed Xrays, cleaned the office. It was fun.

What did you have for breakfast? Lunch? Plans for dinner? Oatmeal with fruit for breakfast. Sesame chicken and wonton soup for lunch. No clue about dinner. Probably leftovers.

What are your plans for today? And how are they going? Finish work, go home, do schoolwork. Try to decompress. Search librivox for a new book to listen to with a reader I like. I seem to be incredibly picky when it comes to audiobooks. Any suggestions?

Have you ever gone to a chiropractor? Nope! DH and my mom have gone and liked it, but I have never been, nor felt the need to go.

I'm back. My chiro was not happy. He says my entire right side was totally thrown out of whack. I have to go back on Tuesday. Oh well.

Then ds14 greeted me with the news that the laundry that someone (not me but no one else is coming forward) put into the dry laundry basket yesterday was actually dripping wet and has now dampened the entire basket load as well as making it smell funky. Sigh. Off to restart laundry. . .

Oh, man! That sounds really painful! :grouphug: I was only teasing about not trusting chiros, by the way. (But, my uncle really is a goofball whom nobody can really trust.)

What are you doing to feel better, in the mean time?

Sorry about your laundry. That has happened here, too. Did the smell come out?

Did you read the article I linked? Or, maybe you have read it previously? At any rate, I hope your day has gotten better.

b- eggs and grapefruit

L bowl of soup

D ??? (children ALWAYS have hot dogs on Fri, me, not so much)

What are your plans for today?

Full day of school with homemade cinnamon rolls and coca (its snowing here

And how are they going?

Very poorly

No rolls

No coca

Not much school

Lots of reading (children) however

Nope, never

Oh, man! That sounds really painful! :grouphug: I was only teasing about not trusting chiros, by the way. (But, my uncle really is a goofball whom nobody can really trust.)

What are you doing to feel better, in the mean time?

Sorry about your laundry. That has happened here, too. Did the smell come out?

Did you read the article I linked? Or, maybe you have read it previously? At any rate, I hope your day has gotten better.

My day is getting better. The sun is actually out for a change. We got done with school. I got 3 loads of laundry folded and more is coming through the laundry assembly line. Soon we will start our full out cleaning assault. And I won't Carpe Diem!;)

Are there certain genres of books you like best? My dh really enjoyed listening to "Blue Like Jazz".

I like classic stuff, but no one genre is outstanding to me. Recently I've been reading historical fiction and light sci fi/fantasy.

And who is your favorite reader? I can't say I'm a fan of Jim Weiss.

Late, early. Doesn't matter. We're just glad you opened it, Jean!

Breakfast was garlic toast with a side of Emerald (Nuts) Breakfast to Go. I had some coffee but I'm not sure it was enough for THIS day. Lunch was cheese paninis. Dinner will be El Monterey chimichangas for dh and the boy. The girl will have pizza as she's staying after her drama class to see a production of "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown." Don't know what I'm having yet as I was going to go to a crop (scrapbooking) but now I'm thinking I might want to take myself to a movie so I can temporarily forget about the world around me.

Plans for today: see above. Plus this morning was co-op. And while kids were at drama, animal control called me about my dog. Evidently, even though I told the guy who picked her up that she has seizures and has meds for it, he neglected to tell them!:glare: So I drove 24 miles to take her medicine to them. The afternoon went downhill from there. That's how my day is going. :tongue_smilie:

Chiropractor? Absolutely! About once a month, like Jean. Jean, I hope you're appt went well today!

What did you have for breakfast? Lunch? Plans for dinner? For breakfast I had three Fiber One 90 Calorie Brownies. For lunch DH took me on a date to a Mexican restaurant, and I had one cheese enchilada and a beans tostada. I made meatloaf, garlicky broccoli, and a salad for dinner.

What are your plans for today? And how are they going? Our plans for today were to do school and then get all the Valentines cards ready to mail out tomorrow (DS is participating in the Valentines Day swap). We got everything done! :)

Have you ever gone to a chiropractor? I LOVE going to the chiropractor! I've taken my kids to the chiropractor too, and they all like going.

Edited by Shellers

My own answers:

What did you have for breakfast? Lunch? Plans for dinner? Breakfast was 2 eggs, 2 slices of toast and peanut butter. Lunch will be a salad with protein. The kids have decided that dinner is fish sticks and organic tater tots (yes, you can get them - yummy but without the yucky stuff). I need to figure out some yummy veggies to serve with them.

My plans are to finish a 1/2 day of school with the kids (finishing up the school day that we didn't get done yesterday). Then we need to emergency clean this house because our house is sinking fast into pig sty mode. Add to that, I need to now shampoo the carpet because dd refused to move the plant that was too close to the edge of the table, ds accidentally knocked it off, he tried to clean it up and in the process I now have a 3 foot long streak of ground in dirt in our light colored carpet.:banghead: I have also called the chiropractor for an "emergency" appointment because dd did not pick up her skateboard off of the landing and I fell down the stairs.

Have you ever gone to a chiropractor? Obviously yes. I usually only go for monthly "maintenance".

OUCH! Are you okay Jean? Did you hurt yourself badly?? :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

As for your questions I had nothing for breakfast because I was up until late last night researching documentaries on Hitler's Rise to power (fun! :glare:). I slept late because of staying up late so I missed breakfast. It's Fun Friday though so I wasn't too worried. I woke up at 11am when my son got up. For lunch I had a slice of cold pizza. For dinner we had hot pizza. lol (Hey it's Friday! I cooked Indian food yesterday so...)

My plan for today was to watch Life is Beautiful with dd and to do some math. We just finished reading Anne Frank Diary of a Young Girl yesterday and we're learning about the Holocaust and Hitler's rise to power. We did watch the movie and we did the math too so I'm happy about that. :)

I have gone to a chiropractor, but haven't been since Methuselah was a young man. I tried going there for my headaches (I get migraines), but it didn't help me so I stopped going.

That's all I guess. :) Feel better Jean. :)

Edited by Ibbygirl