Menu

What next? About to finish First Language Lessons level 4?

Guest tiamward

Guest tiamward

We have about 2 months left of First Language Lessons Level 4 to do with my 8 and 9 year old kids and just realized there is not a level 5. What curriculum do you recommend to move into next for language? My husband and I both teach so we really have enjoyed the scripted lessons in First Language Lessons. Either of us can pick up the book and teach the next lesson.

Tia Ward

Edited by tiamward

Maybe this will be out for you to continue with... or you could take a grammar break for a couple months until it does come out.

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/resource-roundup/new-grammar-and-writing-resources/

I'm trying to decide if I'll continue with the FLL/ALL & WWE/WWS sequence or switch over to MCT for our family. MCT may be more difficult to implement with two instructors.

Maybe this will be out for you to continue with... or you could take a grammar break for a couple months until it does come out.

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/resource-roundup/new-grammar-and-writing-resources/

I'm trying to decide if I'll continue with the FLL/ALL & WWE/WWS sequence or switch over to MCT for our family. MCT may be more difficult to implement with two instructors.

I REALLY hope I missed a new update about ALL, any new info about a release? Idk what we're going to do tbh. I finally decided to stick with the FLL/WWE and ALL/WWS team up. But now that it may not be a possibility I'm back to the drawing board even with my choices for next year with my oldest.

This is I'm doing...

MCT with Abeka with Killgallon and WWS.

MCT -- we pretty much do the whole program. I would suggest either Paragraph Town or Voyage Level after FLL4. Paragraph Town would be more on the easy side, and Voyage a bit more on the difficult...so it depends upon your child and comfort with writing. If you had to keep two together, definitely Town. We do writing with MCT as supplemental. WWS is going to be our main writing curriculum.

Abeka -- mainly diagramming, some other exercises, but no writing.

Killgallon -- writing (focusing on chunking and imitating, with discussion a-la MCT and possibly some diagramming for more difficult sentences) I'd probably start with the elementary books. We use this as a supplement... more than enough in the books to supplement over two years (in fact, that's how they break it out).

WWS -- main writing program