Menu

Who is snuggled in waiting for the big snow?

It has snowed about 3.5 inches in the past hour and a half with an estimated 10-15 inches by Saturday morning. We also have a blizzard warning until late Fri night. Dh is driving home from work, normally a 1.5 hr drive but I anticipate about 2 hours or more. I will feel so much better when he is home!

What are your plans for the blizzard? Anyone else out there?

I think the snow started south first. I am in the NE of CSprings and it is snowing huge snowflakes, think idyllic Christmas like the ending of the movie White Christmas.

I needed to stop at the grocery store this afternoon and it was C.R.A.Z.Y. Does that happen near you when a snowstorm is forecasted?

All snug here...just waiting now. It's our first big storm since moving here and I must say: I'm kind of excited. :hurray: No plans for tomorrow, but hoping we'll make it to ballet on Saturday late morning. Safe travels to all your husbands who aren't home yet.

WE just got back from the store and the library.

Got the stuff to make desserts and soups.

Movies and books.

Dh has food and bedding (and shampoo etc...) at his shop so he is prepared to stay there til Saturday if needed.

The only thing I don't have is firewood--oh well cannot be perfect.

We live in a strange weather zone, so I will eather get 3 inches or 12 we never know which end of the spectrum we will be on.

Really its weird, 1/2 mile away will have competely different snowfall amounts.

Really its weird, 1/2 mile away will have competely different snowfall amounts.

Yes, that happens here too! It is regularly 5 degrees cooler here at my house than it is in the middle of town which isn't too far away and we always get more snow. If I had known I probably would have stayed in that area! :lol:

We have a dusting so far. The kids are pumped up!!! We looked online at the 9News snow accumulation map and it looks like we are slated for around 13 inches. I am grateful my dh has off tomorrow and doesn't have to drive in the mess...oh and because I despise being the one taking snow gear on and off the littles ;)

We are supposed to get snow tomorrow night and my 4 year old is so excited. I've heard a forecast from an inch (nooooo) to 7 inches (yeaaa!). We will be going out tomorrow morning to grab some food and hope it doesn't rain too bad. Yea, rain before snow. This is going to be quite lovely. :tongue_smilie: I don't think the snow will stick around long though with forecasted highs still in the mid to upper 30s for the rest of the week. Gotta make sure to put my son out in the snow immediately Saturday morning, just in case.

Okay, some of you have already chimed in, but give me an update here as I get to be the one (why me???) to make a call about tomorrow's co-op classes.

The local forecasts vary wildly from 3" to 15" for Colorado Springs. We're in the NW, near Mountain Shadows and Rockrimmon (tho' not truly in either) and we've got wet roads and a slight dusting and it's not coming down now (nor has it for the last half hour). For about 3 minutes this afternoon it came down in big flakes, but other than that, it's been gray and cold.

What's it like now where you are??? Thanks.

I'm north of Denver and am ready for some snow! Dh & I are storm watching and trying to catch all the night time news :) Oddly, some of our back yard still had snow left over from December storms… So we can add an extra inch or two to the totals. LOL

We are supposed to get snow tomorrow night and my 4 year old is so excited. I've heard a forecast from an inch (nooooo) to 7 inches (yeaaa!). We will be going out tomorrow morning to grab some food and hope it doesn't rain too bad. Yea, rain before snow. This is going to be quite lovely. :tongue_smilie: I don't think the snow will stick around long though with forecasted highs still in the mid to upper 30s for the rest of the week. Gotta make sure to put my son out in the snow immediately Saturday morning, just in case.

I'm a little south of you on the other side of the river. Forecast is calling for 6+ inches starting late Friday night/early Saturday morning. I'm ready for snow. I hope we get tons.

What does it look like outside at your house today?

We have a good 6-8 inches, it looks like a winter wonderland out there. When Dh came home last night the roads weren't bad until he was on the main road that goes out to our neighborhood, then it was like a sheet of ice. I don't think we'll be going anywhere today other than outside to play in the snow!

15 inches here! It's heavy too, as I well know from shoveling this morning.

Um, yes. The drifting had some spots at 20-24" easily. Heavy.

Now, to hope for 15" officially so we can get our streets plowed! Last snow storm it took 3 days before our roads were reasonable and we heard from neighbors that side streets are never plowed until 15" and then its a single swipe...so we may be here for a day or so. :)

My ds measured and we have 12-13 inches. Everyone is out enjoying it, except me snuggled up inside enjoying the peace ;)

We were also shocked about the plowing. Each time it has snowed we were surprised to see that the roads were never officially cleared. Back in PA crews worked around the clocks keeping the roads cleared down to the pavement (I am not saying it was always the best of jobs :glare:). So we were surprised about the approach out here, but my car has done just fine. We drove to Starbucks this morning and just moved right on through it.