Menu

Suggestions on spending $70

fourcatmom

I have a little more money in our budget to spend for this year and I wanted to see if I could get some suggestions on some fun type activities. I have a 4th and 5th grader. I am looking for "out of the box" type stuff that would be fun. Not particularly looking for books or curriculum at this point but things that will add to it.

games, history type activities, books, art, science

Life the Lid on... kits (mummies and gladiator and Da Vinci were ok---the chinese calligraphy one & the pirates one have been huge hits; knights was ok) To give you an idea: http://www.amazon.com/Lift-Knights-Quarto-Childrens-Book/dp/0762411252

snap circuits

science with magnets (Dowling)

toysmith tin can robot: http://www.amazon.com/Toysmith-4M-Tin-Can-Robot/dp/B0014WO96Y/ref=sr_1_27?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1328211776&sr=1-27

Ticket to Ride Europe

Qwirkle

Dominion

If you really don't need to spend it, why don't you save it for next year's budget. Maybe by then, there will be something you really want and will have the extra $ for it!

(this is coming from a compulsive money-saver...I can't imagine looking for reasons to part with $70 when I could save it for a rainy day!!:D)

Edited by MissKNG

If you really don't need to spend it, why don't you save it for next year's budget. Maybe by then, there will be something you really want and will have the extra $ for it!

(this is coming from a compulsive money-saver...I can't imagine looking for reasons to part with $70 when I could save it for a rainy day!!:D)

We belong to a charter school so there are restrictions to how we can spend it and on what time frame. I know there are things that I could use but I wanted to see what other people have enjoyed as I often get great ideas from others. I know we are going to be doing a unit on space so I have been thinking of something fun to go along with that. I always like the idea of extra books, resource materials, art supplies etc that I don't always plan for.

Thanks for all the suggestions:001_smile:

We belong to a charter school so there are restrictions to how we can spend it and on what time frame. I know there are things that I could use but I wanted to see what other people have enjoyed as I often get great ideas from others. I know we are going to be doing a unit on space so I have been thinking of something fun to go along with that. I always like the idea of extra books, resource materials, art supplies etc that I don't always plan for.

Thanks for all the suggestions:001_smile:

Bummer to the bolded stuff. Do you have a telescope for your space unit?