Menu

Online classes question - need advice

I am looking into some online classes for my 10th grader in the fall. There is one we like at Veritas, another at PA Homeschoolers, and a third at Potters School. Would it be a bad idea to take classes from three different providers in the same school year?

We have used Veritas, Potters, and Landry all at the same time. For me, the toughest part is making one reasonable, doable, conflict-free class schedule from the varying times/schedules of all these schools. Otherwise, no real negatives and I plan to do it again for next fall. :D

We routinely do online classes from multiple sources. This year dd is taking classes from three sources. I think our limit for one child in one semester is four.

Like others say, having multiple classes makes for an interesting transcript.

And the breaks NEVER line up, so we end up taking the days off that we're going to take off. Period. (The trip we have lined up for March doesn't line up with ANY of the breaks.....)

But taking classes from multiple sources simultaneously has allowed us to pursue the "best" classes for each particular child. What a blessing!

But taking classes from multiple sources simultaneously has allowed us to pursue the "best" classes for each particular child. What a blessing!

I had the same concerns, but I couldn't make the schedule work for next year with only one provider and there was one class we wanted that is only available from one place.

So two classes from one, and one class from another.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks so much to all of you for taking the time to reply. I didn't think about breaks not lining up. I guess we'll just have to deal with that. I would much rather have the best classes (for my ds) from each provider than just take classes from one company for ease of scheduling.