Menu

Does a contact skin rash indicate an allergy?

I don't know if in some instances a rash can mean that a child has an allergy to a food. But I know that with my kiddos every time they eat ranch dressing they get a rash where ever ranch had contact with the skin on their face. I think my kids just have sensitive skin. You could ask your kids pediatrician about it. Sorry I wasn't much help.

My dd gets a rash from everything. She has extremely sensitive skin, and if anything that she's eating gets around her mouth, it'll be red for hours after. We need a steroid cream in the summer because she even breaks out from her own sweat. :rolleyes: It's possible that it's an allergy, but if your ds has sensitive skin in general, it's probably just irritation.

That's exactly what would happen to my son with peanuts/peanut butter and he is definitely allergic to peanuts. I would probably not give any more hummus (or cinammon) to him and if you're really concerned see if they can allergy test him. With my son they did a blood test first and since it came up positive to peanuts they followed that up with an allergist visit and the skin prick test to which we found him highly allergic to peanuts (many cms large blotch at the peanut injection site)