Menu

Chobani Greek yogurt

Ok, we usually get another brand but bought a big thing of Chobani Vanilla to try it. It tastes like plain but there is a VERY light (stress VERY light) hint of vanilla and a VERY slight sent of Vanilla (again, VERY SLIGHT). Is this normal of Chobani or did they mess up the packaging or run out of the flavoring?? The kids won't eat it and my kids LOVE yogurt! Thoughts?

Ok, we usually get another brand but bought a big thing of Chobani Vanilla to try it. It tastes like plain but there is a VERY light (stress VERY light) hint of vanilla and a VERY slight sent of Vanilla (again, VERY SLIGHT). Is this normal of Chobani or did they mess up the packaging or run out of the flavoring?? The kids won't eat it and my kids LOVE yogurt! Thoughts?

I think it's normal.. Just bought my first(and last) Chobani Vanilla also. I have to add stuff. I usually get Greek Gods Honey Vanilla. YUM

We tried different flavors and did not like it.

We bought a variety pack at either BJ's or Sam's a while back, and no one would eat it, not even dh, who usually likes almost any kind of yogurt. We weren't excited about the flavors or the texture.

We just bought a big box of Dannon Pure yogurt, thinking it might be pretty good, and I'm wondering how we'll ever manage to eat 24 containers of the stuff. It's sort of like a thinned-down version of Activia. I was thinking it would be more like "regular" Dannon yogurt, but with supposedly-better ingredients.

Not so much. :glare: At least it was cheap.

My 2yo dd LOVES Chobani but that's the only flavor she won't eat.

I have Chobani every morning for breakfast. But, I haven't tried the vanilla. I like their raspberry, strawberry, cherry, pomegranate, mango, etc. Costco stopped carrying it - boo hoo. They now carry Fage. I tried it and didn't like it as much as Chobani.

I have Chobani every morning for breakfast. But, I haven't tried the vanilla. I like their raspberry, strawberry, cherry, pomegranate, mango, etc. Costco stopped carrying it - boo hoo. They now carry Fage. I tried it and didn't like it as much as Chobani.

Same here! I was sad to see it go, because dd eats so much of it and it was great to get it at such a good price. Her favorite is the blueberry!

You could make some smoothies with it (Then maybe everyone would eat it) Just throw it in a blender with some frozen fruit, add some milk and puree. You could even add a little vanilla too.

I have a smoothie maker, but I never think to use it. It might be a great way to get rid of all that Dannon Pure yogurt I don't like.

Thanks for the suggestion! :001_smile:

I will start adding some fruit in. Hopefully that will help! Maybe the other flavors are better?? We usually get The Greek Gods kind. That is amazing!

:iagree: The cinnamon vanilla flavor is my favorite!

I always get the chobani fruit flavors, so I can't help with the vanilla. Add some yummy granola and it makes it sweeter. My kids like even the plain with granola.

Same here! I was sad to see it go, because dd eats so much of it and it was great to get it at such a good price. Her favorite is the blueberry!

I have also noticed it is hard to find, but recently it showed up at WalMart, of all places.

Problem is, WM seems to have done about a 20% across the board price increase on the grocery items. I'd love to find it somewhere cheap!

Do you have a new source yet?

That's why I don't buy it. I think it's insanely over priced for a fat free sugar laden product.

As an aside, I do NOT understand why there are so many varieties of Greek yogurt at my local grocery that are fat-free (and with lots of sugar). If I want high-protein yogurt, I want fat with it, and less sugar. Our local grocery has a few flavors of full-fat, but not many. On the other hand, there are shelves and shelves of fat-free kinds.

Just today at SuperTarget, I thought I'd try something new - Yoplait has a Greek yogurt that is coconut-flavored, 8 g protein. When I bought it, I could have sworn I saw the words low-fat someplace, but when I got home, alas, 0g fat, 14g sugar/19 carb :glare:. (It IS yummy, though :tongue_smilie:)

Chabani is actually the only sweetened yogurt i can eat, since I'm hypoglycemic. If you look at the ratio of protein vs. carbs, it's actually quite balanced! It has a lot of protein. I'm thrilled to have found a quick snack I can actually eat that tastes good. Of course, plain greek yogurt would work too, but it's nice to have a treat with the flavors and not have my sugars go low. :)

As an aside, I do NOT understand why there are so many varieties of Greek yogurt at my local grocery that are fat-free (and with lots of sugar).

Probably because people think yogurt is healthy and don't bother with the sugar content. It's healthy, right? Because it's yogurt.

I totally agree. A new grocery store in town carries the full fat Fage. I'm thrilled.

Jealous! I can only find 2%. Still, I like it a lot better than the fat-free.

I have also noticed it is hard to find, but recently it showed up at WalMart, of all places.

Problem is, WM seems to have done about a 20% across the board price increase on the grocery items. I'd love to find it somewhere cheap!

Do you have a new source yet?

It's been on sale at Target for $1 each.

Occasionally Albertson's and Safeway have it for $1 each.

That's the best I've found. I watch the ads.