Menu

Anyone ever had very early pregnancy symptoms (or ...what's wrong with me?)

I just have to ask this cause I feel like it's so crazy.

My husband and I just started trying again for number 4 after a 4.5 year hiatus. This is the first month. While it will be awesome if we get pregnant again, I really am not "crazed" about it happening so I don't think it is all in my head. According to my calculations I ovulated last Saturday (the 21st). We did the appropriate thing for the days around that:001_smile:.

Within about 2 days up til the present, I have had on and off nausea all day. No one else in my family is remotely sick so I really don't think it is a bug. I don't normally get nauseous for any other reason than being sick or pregnant. I've also had slight headaches, light lower back aches adn cramping, and sore bre*sts on and off. It's not going away. But I shouldn't be getting my period til February 6th. I never had anything this early with my other 3 pregnancies. If I was pregnant, I would have had symptoms since 2 days post conception. Is that even possible??? I don't normally have hormonal issues which is what I'm guessing it is if I'm not pregnant. . Also due to our previous methods of not getting pregnant I would have put the odds of it happening the first month at extremely low.

So...anyone else have something like this happen this early? Or maybe this is the start of fun hormonal problems?:001_huh: I know in a week or so I'll know either way...I'm just impatient and curious. Thanks for listening!

I don't know if that's possible unless you were already pg when you didn't think you were. I have always found that I have a lot of hormonal symptoms that could be pg related but never turn out to be. At times when it was possible that I could have been pg, those symptoms were a lot more noticeable, but it never turned out to be pg (well, except for five times when it was pregnancy). I think I just experience a lot of hormonal fluctuations over the course of every month, but if it could possibly be pg, I would just think everything was noticeable.

Best of luck to you.

Yes. Long, boring story. Hopefully, once we find out if I am pg and get the meds sorted out, I will be off bed rest until the late 2nd/early 3rd trimester.

So, when could you take one of those early tests?? :tongue_smilie:

I thought you had a miscarriage?? This is such good news!!!! I have been thinking of you often. :grouphug:

This my discourage you, but . . . .

for a number of years, I would have a day or two (never longer, and sometimes as short as 12 hours) where I "felt" pregnant. nausea, a very specific type of cramp, a few of my own quirky "symptoms", etc. when it stopped, I knew it was time for my cycle. I did not start those symptoms until years after I had 2ds, and they never returned after I had 3ds.

I know of at least a couple other women who had the same thing before their own cycles started. I hate PMS.

This my discourage you, but . . . .

for a number of years, I would have a day or two (never longer, and sometimes as short as 12 hours) where I "felt" pregnant. nausea, a very specific type of cramp, a few of my own quirky "symptoms", etc. when it stopped, I knew it was time for my cycle. I did not start those symptoms until years after I had 2ds, and they never returned after I had 3ds.

I know of at least a couple other women who had the same thing before their own cycles started. I hate PMS.

:iagree: I've been through that too.

Yes with my first, I started feeling sick and having sore BooKs before I was sure that I'd missed my period. The nurse who did my pg test said that was impossible (you don't feel any symptoms before 7 weeks, don't ya know?), but I really was pregnant, and the symptoms only got worse after 7 weeks.

For me the definitive symptom of pregnancy is that total exhaustion that never goes away, no matter how many naps you take, but that doesn't show up until a few weeks later.

I thought you had a miscarriage?? This is such good news!!!! I have been thinking of you often. :grouphug:

:grouphug: Thank you. I don't know if I am pg or not yet. But in case I am, I have to be on bed rest to minimize my chances of another miscarriage. If I am pg, I will shout it from the roof tops... :tongue_smilie: