Menu

DreamBox Discounts?

SewingMom2many

The only thing I've found is that if you can find a homeschool group to sign up with, the price is much more reasonable. A local co-op charged $20 per kid for a year-long subscription. I'm not sure if the co-op was registering as a school, or if Dreambox has a special deal for homeschool groups.

I once emailed HSBC about this and they said there was not enough people who had showed interest so they didn't pursue trying to get a discount.

Maybe we should all tell HSBC we are interested! Dreambox is more well known now so might go over better. I asked them last year and they said they were working on it but then nothing ever came out of it. The only discounts I've seen for individuals are for referrals. If a member refers you, you and the member who refers you will receive an extra month free if you join.

That's a good idea. I'm going to email HSBC now and express my interest. It's a great program but it's going to take a large chunk of my budget (I think it's $20 a month if I remember correctly) so I'm not sure how long I'll keep the subscription if I can't get a discount. In the meantime if anyone has a referral code I'd be happy to use it when I sign up :)

They don't give referral codes, but if you PM me (or another current subscriber) your email address, the current subscriber can have an email sent that'll get you one additional month free. :)

Edited to add: apparently this only works if you haven't already registered your email address with them for a free trial. :(

Edited by jplain

I received a response from HSBC already. Unfortunately, they said the supplier had declined to work with them and that they were going to try again next year in hopes that they could work with them but it was highly unlikely :(

I just emailed DreamBox directly and asked if there were any other discounts or co-ops I could go through so we'll see what they say.

I received a response from HSBC already. Unfortunately, they said the supplier had declined to work with them and that they were going to try again next year in hopes that they could work with them but it was highly unlikely :(

I just emailed DreamBox directly and asked if there were any other discounts or co-ops I could go through so we'll see what they say.

I just got the same email...