Menu

Could a 7th grader, good reader, handle Sonlight 200?

Chris in VA

We were going to do 20th cent history, but we are traveling to Jerusalem for 2 months, so the idea of doing more bible-centered history (at least for part of the year) is appealing.

Any thoughts? I've seen the lit list--I think the reading level might be ok, but I don't know what's in the IG and how deep they go.

Only with a lot of discussion. They suggest a mentor to meet at least weekly - lots of theology discussion etc. We love it but it is a lot of reading. If you do the literature make sure you do the writing assignments or treat them as part of your discussion. It is the only way you get literature analysis.

We were going to do 20th cent history, but we are traveling to Jerusalem for 2 months, so the idea of doing more bible-centered history (at least for part of the year) is appealing.

Any thoughts? I've seen the lit list--I think the reading level might be ok, but I don't know what's in the IG and how deep they go.

Congrats on your trip! Maybe something like Christian History Made Easy: 13 Weeks to a Better Understanding of Church History would work?

HTH-

Mandy