Menu

Cincinnati Convention - Best place to stay?

Hi all,

There are 4 of us travelling from PA to the Cincinnati convention for the first time. I have a question for those of you who have been there before. Where is the best place to stay? There are so many options and I am not sure what the parking situations are like and what hotels are the nicest. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

I've stayed at the Millennium and the Hyatt Regency that are connected to the conference center. I preferred the Hyatt- it just seemed easier to get an elevator and the lobby wasn't as crowded. I liked their pool and fitness center, too.

My sister stayed at the Hilton, which is a little bit down the street (not far at all) and she really liked it.

ETA: There are some parking garages a couple blocks away from the main hotels with reduced prices for the conference. There should be a link to the parking pass on the Great Homeschool Convention website nearer to the conference. There is also valet parking at the hotels if you want to pay for that. If you stay away from the downtown area, you could still park in one of the parking garages that are really not a far walk from the convention center.

Edited by thescrappyhomeschooler

• 3 weeks later...

Did you get your reservations yet? I haven't even checked to see if they've filled up. I got mine at the Hilton as soon as they got the deals up. I've done the Millenium two years and the Hilton one. The Millenium was fine, but the Hilton has bigger rooms, MUCH bigger. My only knock at the Millenium was the elevators, something we had no trouble with at the Hilton, where they just plain have more. So I'm staying at the Hilton. I'm guessing the Hyatt is fine. When I checked, they had a complaint, maybe legit, maybe not, about bedbugs. There were problems with bedbugs in Cincy, so I just axed them off my list. Was probably unnecessary, but there you go. But at this point you're just taking what you can get.

We've felt called to open our home to 1-2 folks who would like a place to stay during the convention. It would be floor space in our 1 bathroom home. But you're more than welcome - I have 6 & 9 yo ds, hubby and a low allergy/shedding 60lb dog. We do live in the suburbs (zip 45252) which is about 20 minute drive to downtown. Don't know if anyone is interested, but wanted to share. PM me if interested.

Dh and I stayed at the Millennium (North Tower) two years ago. We were surprised at how small the room was (but figured it's partly because it's an old building and maybe it was normal to have small rooms way back when). We did like how close we were to the convention center. Last year we stayed at the Hilton. I didn't like how far it was. This year we're back at the Millennium, but we're trying the South Tower. I think we'll probably stay at the Millenium each year from now on even if the rooms aren't any different. There was not a big difference in room size between the Hilton & Millennium anyway.