Menu

Book list for story of the world 1?

Gentlemommy

I'm planning on starting this in the fall, and would love to start building my home library now...

What has worked best for us as far as history goes is to just read living (fiction or non) in chronological order. We are currently doing American history using the book list from Elemental History and it is working really well. I'm thinking of doing the same thing next year with world history...reading the chapters of SOTW during school time and the chapter books at bedtime. I do not have the activity book yet, but will be purchasing that closer to the fall. Is there a blog or webpage that has a listing of books (for early elementary level) for world history in chronological order? One that corresponds to SOTW? that way I can start buying slowly now. Thank you!

I'm working on this now too! This is what I've come up with so far:

1. This thread has some great stuff.

2. This thread had a post suggesting reading list from TOG, VP & SL. (I haven't found the lists for VP & SL yet.)

3. I found this site but haven't looked over it yet. It looks promising.

4. Another one I found but haven't looked over yet.

5. Another site with booklists.

This might be stuff you've already found! I know this isn't coming from someone with experience so I can't say what has worked for us. Hopefully more people will chime in - I'm subscribing to see... Good luck, -lu

Can you check out the AG from your library to get you started? Posting the AG lists is a violation of copyright, and since I (and many others) love SWB's work so much I really want her to get the value of her work. Because of this, many people will refrain from posting lists. People have their own personal lists, and I'm sure you meant no harm, but if you are looking for the ones that go with SOTW from the AG, that is the way I would go.

Can you check out the AG from your library to get you started? Posting the AG lists is a violation of copyright, and since I (and many others) love SWB's work so much I really want her to get the value of her work. Because of this, many people will refrain from posting lists. People have their own personal lists, and I'm sure you meant no harm, but if you are looking for the ones that go with SOTW from the AG, that is the way I would go.

Yikes!!! Totally didn't think of that! No, I don't mean to violate any copyright! Definitely will check my library, not sure if they carry the AG, but I'm looking to buy it anyway. Thanks for the heads up.:001_smile: