Menu

Do you know of any workbooks that allow copying within same family?

teeniebeenie6

I was planning on cutting off the spines of our workbooks and putting the sheets in page protectors so both kids could use them with dry eraser markers/crayons. But after sleeping on the idea I feel guilty about it as it is not what the manufacturer intended. I was looking at some of our workbooks and one we own by Learning Horizons actually says "Please REUSE this product, share it with a friend & RECYCLE it!" It made me wonder if there were any other workbook makers that allow copying/reusing? If you know of any would you mind sharing? Thanks!

Edited by teeniebeenie6

If you check the copyright, many HS products allow reproduction within the family.

Now, I do feel that if a product is still in print, it is not okay to make copies for your own family's use and then re-sell the product. Yes, many people do it regardless, but I don't think that is ethical. If the product has gone OOP, then I think it's okay since the resale isn't causing the publisher to lose any potential sales.

Peace hill press allows within the same family.

I don't think many publishers would have an issue with you re-using in the same family, it's if you make copies for your own use and the re-sell the originals.

I have no issue with copying for use within the family, but I think re-selling the originals after you've made copies is a potential problem. ETA, I admit it's a fine line, but certainly one could not make copies and then sell the copies.

Elemental History's workbook can be copied within the family. I would assume all the Elemental sciences can be, too but I've never looked into those.

I would assume anything available as a PDF can be copied within the family (ie if you have a workbook that's also available as a PDF, it's ok to copy the workbook).