Menu

Heading to Clemson SC for competition - Anything worth seeing there?

We have a gymnastics competition on Thursday evening. I am thinking we will spend the night because I am freaked out about hitting a dear on the way home in the dark. Just wondering if there was anything to see or do in or around Clemson on Friday before we head home. My mom would really enjoy any little shops, but I am open to other ideas. Thanks!

There is homemade ice cream somewhere on campus, I don't remember the building or know for a fact if it is still there. Ask around and someone should be able to tell you. All the shops downtown are going to be Clemson stuff. Take a tour of the campus, you could easily spend a good amount of time looking around. Unless you want to deal with traffic I would skip Anderson and Greenville. There are several lakes in the area that are really nice. Pack a picnic lunch and enjoy.

I bet you couldn't guess that is where I graduated from:D

There is homemade ice cream somewhere on campus, I don't remember the building or know for a fact if it is still there. Ask around and someone should be able to tell you. All the shops downtown are going to be Clemson stuff. Take a tour of the campus, you could easily spend a good amount of time looking around. Unless you want to deal with traffic I would skip Anderson and Greenville. There are several lakes in the area that are really nice. Pack a picnic lunch and enjoy.

I bet you couldn't guess that is where I graduated from:D

It's the creamery and as far as I know it is still there! They used to make their own blue cheese everyone raved about but I can't attest to that as I can't stand blue cheese :)

Kari, we didn't really do anything there except the meet, but I just had to tell you that is one of the most fun gymnastics meets we ever went to. I wish we were doing that meet this year.

I am glad to hear that. We just did on in Columbia and the venue was lacking. We had lots of extended family attend because it was local for us and it was just not a good thing. You couldn't see the gymnasts and then they moved us outside to a tent for awards. I was the only one that fit into the tent out of our whole family - it was too packed. I am excited to hear this will be a better event.

Thanks for the suggestions. Keep them coming! =)