Menu

"Edith, you are a lady, not Toad of Toad Hall!"

The scene with the soup kitchen was great. I thought O'Brian was going to choke.

But it makes me giggle to see Harriet Jones as cousin Isabel.

:lol: We do this, too! It seems I can't refrain from holding up my pretend passport and saying "Harriet Jones, former Prime Minister".

I think last night's DA was the best episode this season!

The scene with the soup kitchen was great. I thought O'Brian was going to choke.

But it makes me giggle to see Harriet Jones as cousin Isabel.

In all this time I never noticed until dh happened by while I was watching and said...hey it's Harriet Jones!

eta: fav quote last night "When you give these little people power, it goes to their head like strong drink."

Edited by happi duck

SHHHHHH!!! Y'all are killing me. Yesterday was DH's birthday, so I didn't get to watch last night's episode because of birthday stuff, and he MADE ME PROMISE to wait until he got home tonight to watch the DVR! I'm dying. And there's no way I could watch it and keep quiet about it, so I have to wait.

*wrings hands in desperation*

SHHHHHH!!! Y'all are killing me. Yesterday was DH's birthday, so I didn't get to watch last night's episode because of birthday stuff, and he MADE ME PROMISE to wait until he got home tonight to watch the DVR! I'm dying. And there's no way I could watch it and keep quiet about it, so I have to wait.

*wrings hands in desperation*

You and I are in the same boat! I keep being tempted to sneak a view and then pretend I didn't but I don't think I could pull it off.

Abbeyej, I understand how you feel. Much as I want to watch the next one I can't help but think, but then there'll only be (one less) episodes left. :001_huh:

And I loved the scene where Matthew walked in and joined Mary in song. Totally predictable yet totally satisfying. That will join the great list of rewind scenes which also includes Mr Darcy and Elizabeth gazing at each other as she turns his sister's music pages and the last scene of North and South.

Edited by AuntieM

She definitely has the best lines of anyone. Here's my favorite from this season. It was from episode 1 when Matthew's engagement was being discussed by Robert, Cora, Isobel, and Violet. There was a moment when Cora was worried that Mary may be headed home on the same train as Matthew. After Isobel said Matthew wouldn't be on the train with Mary, Violet said, "Oh that's a relief. I hate Greek drama. When everything happens off stage." Love her!

...and the last scene of North and South.

Okay, that last scene was great. But the hours and hours of misery and scowling to get there?!?!? Was it really worth it?!? My mom's been trying to make me watch N&S for years and years and I finally did. I had to ask, "Could I not have just watched a "highlights only" version on YouTube?!?" Then I could have minimized the hours and hours of Suffering and Dread and just enjoyed the lovely last scene. ;) Mom was not amused by my reaction. It's like admitting that the 1995 BBC P&P is not, to my mind, perfection itself...

She definitely has the best lines of anyone. Here's my favorite from this season. It was from episode 1 when Matthew's engagement was being discussed by Robert, Cora, Isobel, and Violet. There was a moment when Cora was worried that Mary may be headed home on the same train as Matthew. After Isobel said Matthew wouldn't be on the train with Mary, Violet said, "Oh that's a relief. I hate Greek drama. When everything happens off stage." Love her!

:iagree:

I loved that quote so much that as soon as I heard it, I stopped the show, got on Facebook, and shared the quote in my status. :D

the Dowager Countess really did sort out a lot of people last night, didn't she!! I about choked watching her try to use the telephone. Poor thing!

:lol: I don't remember the exact quote, but she said something like "is this a speaking device or an object of torture?". I absolutely love her.

This episode was so heartbreaking. Oh my goodness, I could hardly bear it. Definitely a few tears shed here.

:lol: I don't remember the exact quote, but she said something like "is this a speaking device or an object of torture?". I absolutely love her.

:lol: That was hilarious!

This episode was so heartbreaking. Oh my goodness, I could hardly bear it. Definitely a few tears shed here.

:iagree: I shouldn't have watched it so late in the evening. It gave me nightmares.:crying: