Menu

Teacher's Lodge 1-30-2012

Good Morning everyone - opening the lodge early as I am about to run out the door to do errands all day. DD is coming with today for a change - normally she is still asleep at this hour and stays home with grandma. We will see how this goes - she is running on about 5 hours sleep but really wanted to go with me today.

What's for breakfast this morning? Lunch? Breakfast for DD was eggs and toast, I had instant oatmeal. Lunch will likely be whatever we can grab while out.

What's on your agenda for today? Getting blood drawn for me, a trip to the homeschool center and their used book room, and then back home to do school and clean.

How do you handle school when not at home? We're taking our readers with us today to read while waiting on buses and such, but the bulk of things requiring writing will have to be done when we get home.

Breakfast today didn't happen for me. The kids had gluten-free cinnamon waffles and bananas. Lunch will be leftover spaghetti for DS. I have no idea what I will have.

My agenda for today includes taking DS to make Valentines for a retirement home with the other members of a homeschool group and doing half a dozen loads of laundry.

When we're not at home, I keep a bag of crayons, pencils and erasers in the car so that I can just take stuff along.

What's for breakfast this morning? Lunch? The kids had cereal and fruit for breakfast. They'll have a choice of grilled cheese or pbj sandwiches for lunch, along with oranges or apples, and homemade Rice Krispy treats. Dinner is going to be egg burritos, bacon, and hash browns.

What's on your agenda for today? We are homebound all day. My van was in the shop this weekend and what we had hoped to be a minor repair has turned into a big deal, with our mechanic having to order a part that may take a week or longer to get here. UGH! So, that leaves us with one vehicle (my husband's compact car that barely seats 5) to get our family of 6 (plus 2-3 kids that I babysit) around. Hmm! So, dh has the car today and we'll be doing lots of school and housework. I am babysitting one 4 year old today, plus have a 5 year old and a 2 year old coming over to join us for the afternoon. It's going to be a full house! My dd8 has girl scouts this evening.

How do you handle school when not at home? We try to schedule around our "outside commitments" which tend to be ongoing (weekly) commitments. We bring school with us for car rides, when possible.

What's for breakfast this morning? Lunch?

Breakfast - 2 eggs, 1 slice toast, jam, water

Lunch - some variation on the salad with protein theme.

What's on your agenda for today?

Today is ds14's first session with his newly hired chemistry/algebra tutor! I hope it goes well because I was so frustrated with the last one and so frustrated with trying to help him myself. Other than that, it's the usual: laundry, cleaning, grading, filing, schooling. I am looking forward to cardio kickboxing tonight. Tonight we have "The Drill Sergeant" as our instructor (they alternate) so I know that I will becoming home totally exhausted but happy.

How do you handle school when not at home? We don't tend to do too much school on days when we have to go out. I try to schedule appointments for Wed. (our errand day). If we do have some school to do it is usually only one subject which is done in the waiting room if needed.

Hi, all!

Breakfast was cereal.

We went to the zoo today. My son and I did, anyway. I let my dd, with her broken leg, sleep in and then go to another homeschool family's house for part of the day. Tonight son had karate. I did not do modern dance tonight as I've been short of breath all day and am not really sure why.

Often, if we're out most of the day, school just doesn't get done. However, if I know we're going to be in a waiting room, more often than not, I will take a read-aloud along. Friday's are co-op and MoezArt (drama class) days, so no schoolwork gets done at home, just those two places.

Hi, all!

Breakfast was cereal.

We went to the zoo today. My son and I did, anyway. I let my dd, with her broken leg, sleep in and then go to another homeschool family's house for part of the day. Tonight son had karate. I did not do modern dance tonight as I've been short of breath all day and am not really sure why.

Often, if we're out most of the day, school just doesn't get done. However, if I know we're going to be in a waiting room, more often than not, I will take a read-aloud along. Friday's are co-op and MoezArt (drama class) days, so no schoolwork gets done at home, just those two places.

Scrap! I'm glad that you popped it! :seeya:

What's for breakfast this morning? Lunch? Breakfast was an everything bagel with hot pepper hummus. Lunch was rice and stir fry made by dh... it was yummy!

What's on your agenda for today? Weeeellllll... I was supposed to work today (some writing from home), but I got behind on putting together the kids' weekly assignment binders for this week, so the first part of my day was finishing putting those together. The rest of the day was spent cleaning. It felt great to do something physical, and my bedroom looks much better now! :001_smile:

How do you handle school when not at home? The kids grab whatever books and supplies they need along with their weekly binders and are prepared to work wherever. We do this every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday afternoon; these days most of our schooling gets done at the library or at the fencing school (while dd13 is at practice).

What's on your agenda for today? Weeeellllll... I was supposed to work today (some writing from home), but I got behind on putting together the kids' weekly assignment binders for this week, so the first part of my day was finishing putting those together. The rest of the day was spent cleaning. It felt great to do something physical, and my bedroom looks much better now! :001_smile:

How do you handle school when not at home? The kids grab whatever books and supplies they need along with their weekly binders and are prepared to work wherever. We do this every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday afternoon; these days most of our schooling gets done at the library or at the fencing school (while dd13 is at practice).

Can you elaborate on these weekly binders? :confused: They sound interesting and perhaps something that would work for us.