Menu

Lials BCM 7th ed DVT??

Well I'm just being honest. It looked like it was TAs (grad assistants) explaining problem sets. That's IT. No teaching, nothing. I got mine for a penny plus postage, and it wasn't even worth that. Khan Academy would be more worthwhile. Maybe what Matryoshka has is better, just saying.

Well I'm just being honest. It looked like it was TAs (grad assistants) explaining problem sets. That's IT. No teaching, nothing. I got mine for a penny plus postage, and it wasn't even worth that. Khan Academy would be more worthwhile. Maybe what Matryoshka has is better, just saying.

Thank you!! I am going to buy Matryoshka's and see what that is like. I can hope its just Pre-A right? Fat chance though I bet. If its like that for one then I am sure its like that for all. <sigh> My oldest is going to be using Lial's Algebra 1 and she already hates math. Jann in Tx said the new edition of Introductory Algebra was better than the other editions, hopefully they made it better.

If she already hates math and is doing BCM, why don't you go a different way and look at TT? I know people razz it, but it fits your criteria. It's my back-up plan for next year if Foerster/MWB doesn't work out. After that it's the Co-Map stuff. KarenAnne lauds. It's fascinating, but I just don't know if it would fit my dd. It's working out really well for KA's dd though, and it's really different (and clear enough to be independent).

Yes, I probably just muddied your waters, lol. I was just being honest. Nothing worse than thinking something will work until fall and you realize it just WON'T.

If she already hates math and is doing BCM, why don't you go a different way and look at TT? I know people razz it, but it fits your criteria.

I have really been thinking about it. I actually have a friend I am talking about this with and she is torn between TT and VT. (hence my question on the high school board lol) I actually have the TT website open on another tab. I might. I just found this thread that is helping me think this through.