Menu

Does anyone have an Oreck vacuum?

I have one that we have had for over 13 years. I recently had to replace the cord because it was fraying, but this machine has been great. We have an Oreck store close by that I take it to for maintenance and they also sell refurbished models. They are expensive to buy, but we have gotten our money's worth. We have pets too, so lots of pet hair gets vacuumed.

We have one and it works well, but I had to replace it because we have a semi-shag area rug and the Oreck would stall on it. You can't adjust the height of them at all. I actually much prefer my Kenmore progressive canister. It was about half the price of the Oreck because I got it on sale and I love that it's so much easier to do the stairs with it.

I bought one about 7 years ago at a yard sale and the lady said it was 5 years old at the time. I LOVE IT! We have not had one issue with it; still has great suction, picks up everything. Plus, after using vacuums at friends' houses (when helping out for whatever reason), I realize how fabulous the 8 pounds really is...everyone comments on how easy it is to use.

I just bought another one at a yard sale so I can have a replacement if our current one EVER BREAKS! Highly recommend.

I had an Oreck for quiet a long time and I was very happy until I passed it down to my dd when I bought my Dyson. I love my Dyson but I am think about buying another vacuum for the first floor and Oreck is on the list. I love the canister vac that comes with it. It is perfect for stairs and various other spots where you need something small and portable.

I bought an Oreck a couple years ago at Costco. I really like it. It's light weight, portable, has enough power - basically does a good job. I will second the long hair issue. I have three dds with very long hair. About every month or sooner I have to take the brush off and clean the hair out of it. That part is a pain. I also have a Kirby. It is a powerful vacuum, but it weighs a ton and is awkward to lug up and down stairs. That's why I bought the Oreck.

We have one (two actually, DH got a commercial one from a storage unit he cleaned out) and I like it a lot. So light and works well. I do sometimes wish it had a hose attachment but we have a hand vac for that. Ours has a 25 year warranty and we take it in to be serviced (free) every year. I think we've had it about 7 years. I do have to unwind hair from it frequently. I don't take the brush off, I just cut the hair and pull it off. I don't know if that's typical of vacuums or not. It does NOT work well on shag carpet though. We lived in an apartment once with new shag carpet and I could only vacuum one room before I'd have to stop and untangle the carpet fibers. Although I really think the carpet was defective...once we'd been there about six months I didn't have to untangle the vacuum so frequently. Probably everything that was loose had pretty much been pulled up by that time:glare:

We have one - got it for Christmas a couple of years ago from my mom. It's been great! When we need another - if we ever need another - I plan to replace it with another one. I love the small canister vacuum as much as the upright - and I like having them separated so I can use just what I want.

I've had my Oreck for 12 years. I love that thing. We live in an old Victorian home, which has carpet throughout. It is easy to get the vacuum upstairs, because it is so light, and it does a great job. It's a basic vacuum, no frills, but it gets the job done. We've replaced the beater bar once, but it was inexpensive and easy to do.

Orek was one of the worst vacuums I have ever owned. Dyson has been the best, hands-down.

Same here. At the time owned our new Orek we also had an old Dirt Devil with a see through canister. I could SEE how much dirt the Orek would leave behind that the dirt devil would pick up! I guess because of it's light weight, you get less suction with that motor.

Dyson has been our favorite ever. My ds11 actually enjoys vacuuming since we got it!

Same here. At the time owned our new Orek we also had an old Dirt Devil with a see through canister. I could SEE how much dirt the Orek would leave behind that the dirt devil would pick up! I guess because of it's light weight, you get less suction with that motor.

Dyson has been our favorite ever. My ds11 actually enjoys vacuuming since we got it!

what Dyson vac do you have??

Just wanted to add that many here love their dysons, but I hated mine and was very happy when I replaced it. Contrary to the commercials claims, they can and will clog up and lose suction. The belt on it also got stretched out and when we called CS, they told us "they aren't meant to be replaced, so I guess it's just too old and time to buy a new one" It was only 2 years old at the time. Sorry I'm not dropping that much money every other year or a vacuum.