Menu

Applied Kinesiology and Neuroemotional Technique?

We have used kinesiology for over 13 years and find that it is an accurate way to find out what is going on and how to treat it. Our chiropractor uses it, as do other types of practitioners.

For allergies you might want to look into NAET at www.naet.com. I discovered it blog hopping and am going through the process myself at this time with a local provider.

My mom just had a couple sessions with a chiropractor who does AK. She wasn't impressed. And she's been seeing a regular chiropractor for years.

According to her, it was when he told her she was going to have to ship a stool sample somewhere that was the last straw. She was like, "You want me to... FedEx my poop?" That was her last session. :tongue_smilie:

She said his techniques didn't do much of anything, either.

My mom just had a couple sessions with a chiropractor who does AK. She wasn't impressed. And she's been seeing a regular chiropractor for years.

According to her, it was when he told her she was going to have to ship a stool sample somewhere that was the last straw. She was like, "You want me to... FedEx my poop?" That was her last session. :tongue_smilie:

She said his techniques didn't do much of anything, either.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sooo not expecting to read that. Awesome! I'm with your mom. That would be a deal breaker.

Yes, I took all four kids to friend who was a student at the time. I definitely think it was helpful with vision issues and some learning problems. Younger dd also was treated for food allergies but it didn't last. 15 months later they are all back.

Are all the issues back or just the food allergies?

Thank you for sharing.

We have used kinesiology for over 13 years and find that it is an accurate way to find out what is going on and how to treat it. Our chiropractor uses it, as do other types of practitioners.

For allergies you might want to look into NAET at www.naet.com. I discovered it blog hopping and am going through the process myself at this time with a local provider.

Thanks for the link and for sharing. Glad it has worked for you. Personal question and feel free not to answer it - what sort of issues were you treating with your kids -food allergies, emotional issues, etc.? Was AK more effective with one type or another?

Just allergies. Friend did NAET and had similar experience. Learning issues though have continued to improve. It wasn't a miracle but very helpful.

Good to know. My friend's results seem similar to yours. Glad it was helpful for you and I appreciate your sharing your experience.

The kinesiology diagnostic techniques used by my nutritionist have probably saved my life, and have resulting in the nearly-complete disappearance of my dh's increasingly debilitating arthritis.

The neuroemotional stuff--I accidentally did this one about 20 years ago and it creeped me out.

Good to hear about the AK working for your husband. If you don't mind sharing, why did the neuroemotional stuff creep you out?

Everything I've read in the past has pointed to both being pseudoscientific quackery. Note however that patients treated with pseudoscientific methods may actually claim some improvement, and even believe in those improvements, due to the placebo effect. I'm not calling anyone a liar who claims to have experienced improvement with any pseudoscientific method-- such claims are why they continue to proliferate.

I think it creeped me out for two reasons. First, it was totally a surprise. I had gone to this particular chiropractor on the recommendation of a friend. I have been to chiropractors and knew what to expect...and then he started this practice and it just was out of the blue and it sort of freaked me out.

The other reason is that I don't like people whom I don't trust and know a LOT more about than this guy did messing around with my brain and emotions. Trust issues.

I'm so sorry it was such a bad experience. Thank you for sharing it with me, though.

Everything I've read in the past has pointed to both being pseudoscientific quackery. Note however that patients treated with pseudoscientific methods may actually claim some improvement, and even believe in those improvements, due to the placebo effect. I'm not calling anyone a liar who claims to have experienced improvement with any pseudoscientific method-- such claims are why they continue to proliferate.

Your post reminded me of a recent WSJ article about placebo effects.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204720204577128873886471982.html

Off topic, but dh has shipped every bodily fluid somewhere or other over the years. The people at FedEx know exactly what to do, too, believe it or not -- they don't even bat an eye, but just blandly tell you the rules about how to seal the stuff up, as though they've done it several dozen times already that week. Who knows, maybe they have.

He wasn't doing it for kinesiology, though -- it had to do with looking for bacteria, yeast, various other "gunk", etc. No clue what the sample would have to do with kinesiology.

I went to a chiropractor who used AK and he really helped me tons with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. We moved and I found another who used it, but he was worthless.

I think it depends on the practitioner.

I am going to another chiropractor now who uses it sometimes and he knows his stuff.

The same with NAET. I knew a boy who made huge improvements with an experienced NAET practitioner. The kids and I went to another one who lived nearby and his treatments were worthless.

The neuroemotional stuff I am not so sure about. From what I have read, I am not convinced.