Menu

I hate money, or lack thereof (rant)

Since we committed to get out of debt:

van broke down- front coil spring replaced

needed a root canal (no insurance)

root canal tooth cracked just got a crown (if crown doesn't work I have to have it pulled and because it is my only molar on that side I'll need an implant)

vans electrical system just went haywire...I was on a dark 2 lane highway and the headlights went OFF. I got em back on by jiggling the switch and then they proceeded to dim and went off again

truck tire went flat and needs replaced

BIL was caught stealing from us and is threatening things so we need to install an alarm system asap

All this and husband gets no raises, bonuses, or overtime. Hasn't for 4 years now. I have ongoing gallbladder issues and they wont take it out yet. I am sick of being nauseous and in pain.

STUPID STUPID money. That is all.

:banghead::cursing::banghead::cursing::banghead::cursing:

Since we committed to get out of debt:

van broke down- front coil spring replaced

needed a root canal (no insurance)

root canal tooth cracked just got a crown (if crown doesn't work I have to have it pulled and because it is my only molar on that side I'll need an implant)

vans electrical system just went haywire...I was on a dark 2 lane highway and the headlights went OFF. I got em back on by jiggling the switch and then they proceeded to dim and went off again

truck tire went flat and needs replaced

BIL was caught stealing from us and is threatening things so we need to install an alarm system asap

All this and husband gets no raises, bonuses, or overtime. Hasn't for 4 years now. I have ongoing gallbladder issues and they wont take it out yet. I am sick of being nauseous and in pain.

STUPID STUPID money. That is all.

:banghead::cursing::banghead::cursing::banghead::cursing:

I'm sorry. Sounds like you are having a really tough time. My van's electrical system completely shut off one time while I was driving 70 mph on the highway with my young children in the back! It's really scary.

I hope you get everything fixed and that money comes to do it.

:grouphug:

Dave Ramsey would say those are all reasons to get out of debt, so you can be prepared when all of that garbage lands at once. We did FPU online a few years ago, and after the year of belt tightening to get everything paid off, we were able to fund our emergency fund. It is so worth it to get to this place. Don't give up!

:grouphug: :grouphug:

:grouphug:

Dave Ramsey would say those are all reasons to get out of debt, so you can be prepared when all of that garbage lands at once. We did FPU online a few years ago, and after the year of belt tightening to get everything paid off, we were able to fund our emergency fund. It is so worth it to get to this place. Don't give up!

:grouphug: :grouphug:

:iagree:

But it does feel like some sort of Smackdown From the Universe for upsetting the status quo, doesn't it? :grouphug: