Menu

looking for mama schedules!

Would anyone be willing to post their own daily schedules? Not necessarily a school schedule, but but what you do in between all the instruction time? I often find myself wandering, wondering what to do in those time and feel I need someone to direct me! And I have 4 kids, 18, 11, and two year old twins! I think my brain is just adjusting to a new phase in life. I don't have a schedule and method for chores, school plans, bills, shopping, etc. for myself, and I think I need one! But i do have a schedule for the kids and school. Thank you, all. Your always here when I need you!

In the morning I shower, get dressed, check emails, check bills (if I don't glance daily, I'll forget, and my income allows for one bill at a time), make breakfast and coffee. I (try to) get the kids up and their routines done.

My daily "chores" are keeping the dishes, kitchen, and dining room clean, and washing, drying and PUTTING AWAY a load of laundry (caps to remind myself that I'm slacking!). Then I have one weekly chores per day. Monday is a quick clean up of the house, just put things away if needed. One day I do the bathrooms, another day the living room, etc.

Here is my daily schedule. Hope it's of some help or guidance to you.

5:30am: Wake up, Shower, & Get Dressed.

6:00am: Have Coffe with DH & cook breakfast for us.

6:30am: Open up laptop for daily forum and blog browsing while sipping on coffee.

7:00am: Start Washing Machine.

7:30am: Make fresh batch of pancakes for kids. Switch Laundry.

8:00am: Clean Kitchen.

8:30am: Fold & Put Laundry Away.

8:45am: Round up kids. Make sure beds are made, teeth brushed, breakfast eaten, dressed, and ready for school.

9:00am: School begins.

12:00pm: Lunch

2:00pm: School is over. Tidy House.

2:45pm: Get totboy down for rest. Have girls start quiet time. This is my time to watch and DVR shows and just surf the net and possibly do some light chores. If I have to mop that day this is the time I do it. No kids around slippery wet floors.

3:45pm: Quiet time over. Finish daily household chores.

4:00pm: Make sure dinner ingredients are readily available. Quick tidy through house, vac and sweep floors.

5:00pm: Begin dinner.

6:00pm: Family dinner time.

7:30pm: Bath time for kids.

8:00pm: Storytime & Prayers for kids.

8:30pm: Bedtime for kids.

10:00pm: Mom & Dad bedtime.

I have daily chores lined up so I'm not bogged down with the entire house everyday. Here's what it looks like.

I vacuum my floors daily & do laundry daily as well as what my chores are too.

Monday: Vacuum main rooms. Tidy house (Go through each room putting anything out of place away.) Laundry day (Catch up on weekend laundry.)

Tuesday: Bathrooms.

Wednesday: Surfaces. Floors, Counters, Stove, Tables, Dressers, Sink, Shelving....you get the idea. All surfaces are to be cleaned/dusted.

Thursday: Organize/Clean out something. (This is usually the fridge that gets gutted or the deep freeze!) Occasionally I will go through toys, clothes, and such things if they need it.

Friday: Tidy the house. Don't leave a room without putting everything in it's place. Vacuum all bedrooms.

I plan our meals out by 2 weeks. This is done the weekend before I will be shopping so it doesn't interfere with school plans and my regular weekly schedule. I tend to shop in the evening when my dh is home after work OR on a day he's off (like a Saturday, Sunday, or Occasionally a Monday). I use to shop with children or we'd go as a family. This is now something I almost always do by myself. It's less stressful for me, dh, and the kids. If I'm making a quick trip during the week or something I will snag a kid or two or three to go with me ;)

I pay our bills in the morning hours when I'm sipping coffee during my laptop forum/blog search time. That way it's not done when I'm being pulled in 3 different directions for kids.

Edited by mamaofblessings

Here is my daily schedule. Hope it's of some help or guidance to you.

5:30am: Wake up, Shower, & Get Dressed.

6:00am: Have Coffe with DH & cook breakfast for us.

6:30am: Open up laptop for daily forum and blog browsing while sipping on coffee.

7:00am: Start Washing Machine.

7:30am: Make fresh batch of pancakes for kids. Switch Laundry.

8:00am: Clean Kitchen.

8:30am: Fold & Put Laundry Away.

8:45am: Round up kids. Make sure beds are made, teeth brushed, breakfast eaten, dressed, and ready for school.

9:00am: School begins.

12:00pm: Lunch

2:00pm: School is over. Tidy House.

2:45pm: Get totboy down for rest. Have girls start quiet time. This is my time to watch and DVR shows and just surf the net and possibly do some light chores. If I have to mop that day this is the time I do it. No kids around slippery wet floors.

3:45pm: Quiet time over. Finish daily household chores.

4:00pm: Make sure dinner ingredients are readily available. Quick tidy through house, vac and sweep floors.

5:00pm: Begin dinner.

6:00pm: Family dinner time.

7:30pm: Bath time for kids.

8:00pm: Storytime & Prayers for kids.

8:30pm: Bedtime for kids.

10:00pm: Mom & Dad bedtime.

Oh, my goodness!! This sounds so simple. Enjoyable actually, pleasant, leisurely!!

THIS is how I want my days to go.

I guess I'll just have to schedule a nap time for myself so that I can dream about it :D [because I just can't seem to get my act together enough to pull it off, no matter how hard I try :crying:].

ETA: Yes, I know I'm here on the forums instead of working, but that's only because I had to feed the baby, who is now done. So, off to work I go!

:lurk5:

I am most interested to hear what people are saying. I am currently trying to implement a schedule. For me, I plan on following a schedule where everything is accomplished in a timely basis... Also, my schedule is a bit weird since we do not have a washing machine, we need to go to the laundromat. (I usually make DH do this :tongue_smilie:)

The one problem I have with making a schedule that works is that I tend to what to shove too much into one day, or I have too many different responsibilities. (For example, up until a week or so ago, I worked full time- ah! what a breath of fresh air) Of course, I am also a college student so I have additional responsibilities.

So, weekly:

Sun- Rest, Organize Coupons (after kids go to bed) from newspaper

Mon- Cleaning- Bathrooms, Library day

Tues- Cleaning- Bedrooms

Wed- Cleaning- Kitchen/Dining/Office (all one big room here)

Thurs- Meal planning (starting next sun), Make shopping list for grocery stores, Errands

Fri- Cleaning- "Deep" cleaning by area, Laundry (oh what a fun Friday evening activity :D)

Sat- Family Day, Clean cars, Make shopping list for drug stores

Daily

I have a couple picture frames that outline daily chores to get done by room, which helps keep up on the cleaning. Now, I just need to use them. :)

7:00 up, read Bible and do bible study

7:30 coffee, computer time (emails,forum)

8:00 laundry, put away dishes, feed pets, wipe bathrooms

8:30 breakfast for me, kids up and do read aloud

9:00 workout (kids eat)

9:30 start kids on school and I shower

12:00 LUNCH

12:30-2:00 finish school

2:00-3:00 quiet time...I usually watch a show and fold laundry

3:00-5:00 house cleaning (I do daily wipe down and weekly deep clean plus bills, coupons, menu plan etc) while kids are outside (if nice) or on Wii/free play

5:00 dinner prep

6:00 eat

6:30 clean up dinner and play games or errands (I have Bible study and shopping nights)

9:00 kids in bed ( I read or watch TV, grade schoolwork, prepare for next day)

11:00 I'm in bed

My day starts with a shower the night before. :)

So in the morning, I get up when the dc do. I get dressed and make my bed before I leave the bedroom.

We go out and do breakfast, I clean the kitchen right away, and then I wash my hair. Yes, in the kitchen sink. No one has died from it yet. :lol:

So by the time we're ready for school or whatever, I'm dressed, my hair is washed, my bed is made, and the kitchen is clean. If I get nothing else done all day, I still feel like a success.

During the day I keep the kitchen clean. No free-ranging of dc in there. :glare:

After dinner, I clean the kitchen immediately. Even if we're late to go somewhere. If there are snacks or anything later (not common), I clean those up, too. I never go to bed leaving a dirty kitchen behind.

Then I take my shower and go to bed, and read for awhile before turning off the lights.

In the morning, I can get up and get dressed right away...

I haven't had to change this routine in 35 years. :)

Morning Routine: Get up, shower, get dressed/brush hair/brush teeth. Put coffee pot on to make coffee while I empty the dish drainer. Grab coffee and sit on computer checking emails and boards. Greet daycare child at door and set her up with a video (she gets 1 video a day here and we watch it when she comes because the other kids are still asleep, today is Barbie Swan Lake) Go switch the laundry, fold load and put away.

Once the kids are up, they chose their sticks for their subjects, meal helper and chore for the day. Breakfast served, kids sent to get dressed etc while I wash breakfast dishes. School time. During school time I do little chores like dusting, or polishing mirrors/windows, folding laundry etc.

Lunch time, right after lunch we have livingroom clean up. Set up sleep mat for daycare child. Naptime for her quiet time for the rest. Everyone goes to their own space to play/read. Still working on volume control with ds8, but generally quiet time. I clean up the kitchen, sweep etc from lunch/morning activities, switch laundry and then pick another chore to do (clean the bathroom, or a bedroom, sort a closet whatever). Generally from the time she fall asleep I do 1 hour of chores and then I have 1 hour of relaxing time to read or get online etc.

After Nap we have snack and if the weather is decent go for a walk or out to play for 30 minutes or so (once winter is over it will be longer). COme back inside, set up littles with things to do in livingroom, bigs finish school.

5pm I start preparing dinner, sometime between 530-6pm daycare child leaves and dinner is on the table within minutes of her departure.

Evening Routine: if it is not an extracurricular day immediately after dinner we clean up the kitchen, livingroom and entrance way. Switch the laundry again, tidy the bathroom. Depending on the state of the kids rooms, do a quick pick up and vacuum. Basically put the house back in order. Get the kids through bedtime routines and take a few moments to actually sit down. Once kids in bed I read, or scrapbook, or watch a show, or do lesson planning/marking, get photocopying done for next day etc.

I am usually headed to bed around 12-1230am. Read for about 30 minutes and then lights out.

Some days have variations, for example, Thursday is library day so our afternoon looks different. Tuesday and Wednesday nights we have extracurrics so we are running out the door as soon as daycare child is gone. Generally my dep cleaning is done on the weekends. I aim for Saturday but then we have days like tomorrow where we are headed out of town so it will be put off until Sunday. Appt days skew the whole schedule and I tend to postpone or reduce school those days but keep the chore routine the same (easier to catch up in history than on laundry I have found ;) )

I pay our bills in the morning hours when I'm sipping coffee during my laptop forum/blog search time. That way it's not done when I'm being pulled in 3 different directions for kids.

It's funny to see how many of us have coffee in front of the computer as part of our morning routines.

Wow, you are all awesome! I really think I see a pattern here and need to implement that in my own life. Picking one room a day sounds like a great plan (duh...i knew all this before I had twins two years ago!) and need to go back to it. I used to get up at 5:30 and do a load...bow its hard! But just within the last few weeks my twins began sleeping all night in their own room so I feel I can return to a good schedule.

Keep em coming! It inspires and motivates me!