Menu

Funny conversation w/nurse today--caution: do not eat or drink while reading!

I called our pediatrician's ofc. today and asked to speak to a nurse regarding ds15's cough. The receptionist asked if I could hold for a minute as there was a call ahead of mine, so I held.

In the meantime, I was carrying on a conversation w/my kids. Nurse comes on the line while the kids and I are talking and says something that sounded to me like, "Are you the one holding for a nurse?" To which I replied, "Yes."

Nurse then asked me for ds's birthdate, and I said, "5/15/96." (Fictional month and day ;))

Nurse then said, "NINETY-SIX?" and I said, "Yes".

Nurse then said, "NINETY-SIX?" To which I again said, "Yes." And all the while I thought, "I know that's the right date. I mean, I was THERE! Why is she questioning the date?"

Nurse said, incredulously, "And you're BREASTFEEDING him???" I said, laughing, "Noooo, I'm calling about his cough!"

Nurse said, "Oh! When I came on the line, I asked if this was my breastfeeding call and you said yes! I guess I shouldn't judge you if you ARE breastfeeding him, but..."

So I guess I didn't hear her accurately when she came on the line! We both had a good laugh! :lol:

Edited by Chelle in MO

lol

eta: i don't know smiley codes. secondly i know of someone who pumped and they used breastmilk in their cereal and such....everyone--husband, sons, daughters, her. She claimed it kept them all very healthy.

Edited by jillian

lol

eta: i don't know smiley codes. secondly i know of someone who pumped and they used breastmilk in their cereal and such....everyone--husband, sons, daughters, her. She claimed it kept them all very healthy.

Interesting! Human milk is for humans, after all!

:smilielol5: Oh Chelle, I so needed a laugh today!

Glad I could oblige!

That would be taking it a bit far...............

I sure would be for me! You should have seen the look on ds15's face when I shared the story w/him! It was like this: :ack2:

Thanks for the laugh! Too funny :lol:

My pleasure!

:lol::lol: That is so funny to me, as I was just telling DH this morning that ds would be nursing until he was 15 or 20 if I let him. :lol::lol:

No way. That's funny! It won't be at 15 or 20, though!

lol

Oh gosh, that just seems like the mom is getting reduced to being the family cow. To each his own I guess, but no thank you!

lol

Um, no thank you.

Chelle, that is hilarious! :lol:

I think I figured out what probably happened! I think the nurse came on the line and said something like, "Is this the nursing call?" and I thought she was asking if I needed a nurse, so I said "yes."

But she must've thought she said "breastfeeding" instead of "nursing." Hence the confusion. Yes, I needed a nurse for my ds15, but I wasn't NURSING ds15. Hee. :D