Menu

Birtax Roundabout or Graco Nautilus or My Ride 65

Ive narrowed it down to those 3. This is for my 2 year old daughter, forward facing (trust me, I have good reason not to rear face her anymore), so go on a bench seat in my Dodge Caravan. It isn't a full bench seat, it is for two people across I believe, (instead of captains chairs) and I will need to put another carseat next to later this year. Thoughts?

I like that the My Ride is supposed to recline enough FF that her head won't fall on her chest while she sleeps, as she does nap in there fairly often. I also need one that isn't too impossible to buckle and unbuckle, as I'm getting arthritis in my hands. Easy to wash the cover would be really super nice too.

I would go with the Nautilus if she is already FF. If you buy the Nautilus you won't have to buy anything else in the future. DS falls asleep almost every car ride and has never had any issues with it. I just turned DD forward in her Myride and she hated it because it reclined so much. She was almost laying down. I had to go get her a new seat.

What do you have room for? All three of those are very different in height and width.

With your hands I'd go for a Britax. I have a Boulevard and a Marathon and love them both, especially the LATCH clips. Graco tends to have hard to maneuver steel clips that are molded in one piece. Britax makes theirs to be more like seatbelt buckles. I would also suggest one of their models that has the one-hand adjustment so that you don't have to reinstall each time she grows. Since this will probably be the last move you want to make with a carseat, check out the Frontier.

If you're set on one of the three you picked out then I'd have to say the Nautilus. It grows with her more than a Roundabout.

Yep, I was going to say Nautilus since you're already FF as well.

Unless you have a kid (or plans) to pass a convertible down to and purchase another ff/booster seat later...I'd go with the nautilus.

:iagree: There's no reason to buy a feature you won't use (the RF). Depending on height/weight you might also check out the Evenflo Maestro.

I'd try it out in the car if you can, esp if the recline is a big issue. That is going to depend on the vehicle seat.

I have an Evenflo Maestro for my son and I like it, but his head would sometimes loll forward if he fell asleep in it. I've heard similar things about the nautilus. We never have that problem with our Frontier, though.

I have a MyRide, but I agree with the rest that if you aren't planning on ever going rear-facing, then you should just get the Nautilus. Why buy two seats over time when one will work? I'm planning on getting my 3 yo a Nautilus when the new baby outgrows her infant carseat and shifting all my carseaters up a seat. :001_smile:

With the steep recline of the Myride, I would not buy it for a FF child. I'd be afraid they'd get to the point where they did not like it even if they did originally.

The Britax Roundabout is going to be quickly outgrown. The Roundabout55 is the one I'd buy for a FF child if you wanted to go that route (though even that would be outgrown FF faster than a seat designed for a Forward facing child)

The Nautilus is going to be hard to puzzle a second seat next to it later if that is your desire.

I believe the Evenflo Maestro is narrower. You might try that out, though you will still need to buy a booster later as the maestro is outgrown as a booster at virtually the same time as the harness. But boosters are cheap.

I would go try them all out in my van first to see which one fits the best. I love my Nuatilus, but it does not fit as well in my mom's van as I would like. For her van I would get the My Ride if my kids rode with her a lot. I know a lot of people love the Britax, but again it depends on what fits best.