Menu

Best place for outsourcing some printing?

annlaura

My poor little printer is fine for a few pages here and there, but I'd like to have a pile printed all at once. And I think it might be more cost effective right now to have it done. Is one store better than another? (Fedex-Kinkos, Staples, etc) And is taking in a USB stick better, or ordering online? I think I remember some people here do this.

I usually shop around a bit and see if anybody has a sale on printing services. OfficeDepot lets homeschoolers get teacher discount cards, and you can upload the files you want printed from home and select all of your options from your computer, which is nice, because you can play with it until you get exactly what you want (Oh . . . cardstock back on this will make it sturdier .. . tape binding is cheaper than doing that, isn't it . . . hmmm ouch color printing is that much more? Maybe I can live with black and white . . .). When I had a large order, somebody actually called me on the phone and went over the order piece by piece to make sure they had it right before they shipped it (shipping was free).

But different places have different sales at different times on printing services, so I'd go wherever there was a sale.