Menu

Are there any recommended geography workbooks out there?

Mommee & Baba

This year we're doing Road Trip USA. My dd's love it and enjoy the activities but have both expressed how they'd enjoy just doing a fun workbook for geography next year. I showed them other programs but they really just want a laid back geography year next year. I jumped on this immediately and thought it was a great idea.

I will have a 4th grader and a 2nd grader. Any recommendations? They don't have to be of course the same level or anything. OR do you have one you recommend for just one of the grade levels. I just would like a starting point on what to start looking at.

Thanks!

I bought The Complete Book of Maps & Geography (grades 3-6), and dh and I are very impressed. It is about 350 pages, color, and the maps and geography activities are very good. Besides, I got them on Amazon with free Super Saver Shipping for about $10 each. I have my 3rd and 1st graders doing it. (My 1st grader reads and writes well and so far can do the activities without any problem, so I think this can used with kids less than third grade.) I have had a lot of trouble finding geography materials I like, but this is one of my best finds.

I bought The Complete Book of Maps & Geography (grades 3-6), and dh and I are very impressed. It is about 350 pages, color, and the maps and geography activities are very good. Besides, I got them on Amazon with free Super Saver Shipping for about $10 each. I have my 3rd and 1st graders doing it. (My 1st grader reads and writes well and so far can do the activities without any problem, so I think this can used with kids less than third grade.) I have had a lot of trouble finding geography materials I like, but this is one of my best finds.

Thank You! I will check it out.

We tried Daily Geography and I found it to be almost complete twaddle for any child who's done anything with maps before. The questions are fairly condescending: "You use a map to find: _____ (friends / places)." (granted, that's one of the early lessons!).T he Beginning Geography one is okay, but I wouldn't call it a fun workbook, nor is it appropriate for all but the dimmest 4th graders.

Listening to hear what others say. :bigear::lurk5::bigear:

We tried Daily Geography and I found it to be almost complete twaddle for any child who's done anything with maps before. The questions are fairly condescending: "You use a map to find: _____ (friends / places)." (granted, that's one of the early lessons!).T he Beginning Geography one is okay, but I wouldn't call it a fun workbook, nor is it appropriate for all but the dimmest 4th graders.

Listening to hear what others say. :bigear::lurk5::bigear:

Thanks for this opinion. I was thinking of using it next year for something nice and easy... but I don't want it THAT easy..LOL Also :bigear: