Menu

Bedroom decorating question:

I love solid wood antique furniture.

I also collect original quality children's book illustrations and advertisements - many are oil paintings I framed in antique frames and hanging in my spare bedroom. This room is only used by me.

Similarily, my favorite Aunt has a room dedicated to just her dolls and antique baby items - I think THAT is just (cute but) ODD.

Am I turning into a crazy ol' lady too like my Aunt?? :001_huh: I am wondering if I should just put these paintings in a portfolio and hang more mature paintings on my walls. What do you all think?

post-1627-13535086200031_thumb.jpg

post-1627-13535086200388_thumb.jpg

Edited by 5KidzRUs

I have a 62yo friend who collects dolls. Which I guess isn't weird, although they're the Marie Osmond-kind-of-dolls, which I think are kinda tacky, but to each his own. :tongue_smilie:But if she gets to build her dream house (you're never too old to dream about that), she wants a room dedicated to the dolls so she can play with them. In the house she owned a few years ago, she had a waterbed without the mattress, and she had Barbie doll set-ups in it--a pool, a slide, other stuff.

That's odd.

Your room is lovely, not the least bit odd. :)

I have a 62yo friend who collects dolls. Which I guess isn't weird, although they're the Marie Osmond-kind-of-dolls, which I think are kinda tacky, but to each his own. :tongue_smilie:But if she gets to build her dream house (you're never too old to dream about that), she wants a room dedicated to the dolls so she can play with them. In the house she owned a few years ago, she had a waterbed without the mattress, and she had Barbie doll set-ups in it--a pool, a slide, other stuff.

That's odd.

Your room is lovely, not the least bit odd. :)

Thanks Jennifer, Fairytalemama and Ellie. I was worried it went a little far and was getting to look like Granny's bedroom in Little Red Riding Hood.

I really don't want it to look creepy. But sometimes it is hard to look at things you love/enjoy objectively.

My mom spent the night a few times in my sweet Aunts doll room and my mom said it was creepy. Though, I know to my Aunt, those dolls are her babies. She even changes their clothes and repost pics on Facebook. In fact, one of her babies is her Facebook pic right now :001_smile:

I think it's a lovely room.

If you wanted to warm it up, I'd paint the walls.

We've done various colors, one house was a golden color with a warm umber wash over it, it looked stunning, like the pages of an old book.

Oh I LOVE the color ocre and warm colors. Did you mix clear with the umber to make it translucent?