Menu

ITBS for K

Guest shilsui

Guest shilsui

My DD is in Kindergarten and is having ITBS test in her school next week. I came to know today. Does anyone know is there a free practice test or Material online or any good book I can use to teach her in one week.

She has got scoring in Cogat but she is not v.good in listening skill.

Guest shilsui

Nobody knows about ITBS test!!?? I googled but hardly find books for Kindergartener. I didn't fine any practice test online also. As I have just 1week I can't order book online also. Any tips?

My DD did the SAT-10 in K when she was in PS, and I imagine the ITBS is similar. It was very, very simple-the teacher reads a prompt to the child and the child marks an answer, usually a picture, sometimes a word or number. There was some simple math, too. I think they did it over 4 days, with a couple of short sections a day. Since it's SO listening based, it really tests more ability to pay attention than any academics. I know my daughter's K teacher commented that it was more that they gave it for the sake of saying that they did and to give the kids a way to feel that they were part of the school than that they really considered the results at all indicative of skills in K-because even kids who were very strong academically sometimes struggled on the test simply because it involved sitting and listening and circling answers for a prolonged period of time.