Menu

2nd grade writing example. Please give feedback.

misidawnrn

This is a spinoff from a post on the general forum. DD was 8 in December, in the 2nd grade. I asked her to write about our day today so I could have a sample of her writing. We use ABeka and it doesn't have much writing in it yet. I guess I should add something to it. I would appreciate any feedback on her writing. We haven't used commas yet so those are obviously missing. Her spelling is wrong on some words. She did ask how to spell library and museum so I gave her those. I am going to have her journal more often. She likes doing it. Should I correct any and all mistakes with her after she writes them or let her do it wrong, as long as she is journaling? Thanks in advance.

We went to the bank. Then we went to the childrens museum. That was fun. Hayden came too. My favret part of the museum was the bank the dress up room doanesor dig with beans. Then we went to the library. We got books for my book report.

• 2 weeks later...

I laughed because that is exactly how my 2nd grader spells favorite! I counted 7 sentences with a few misspellings and the missing commas that you already know about. All sentences start with a capital and end with a period. It looks good to me. I would be happy with that if my 7 yr old turned it in.